First good catch of the year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
I've been going out on the Delaware River on weekends and pretty much anchoring in the shade to enjoy the breeze, have a cold one and figured I would make a few casts. I started catching a few smallmouth the last couple of weeks (had a nice size one snap my 7 year old line and took my favorite lure the previous week) so I decided to put on some new 8 lb line (had old 6 lb on it) and try again. Saturday I was anchored across from the boat ramp in the shade and caught 3 smallmouth, the largest one being 17-1/2" which put up a good fight. I threw out my back 2 weekends ago and as I was reaching down to net the fish, my back let go again. :x At least I got the fish in the boat to measure it before throwing it back. I think I get at least one 16-17" smallmouth each season no matter how much or how little of an effort I make. Last year was a dud because we had a lot of rain and high water and I think I only caught a couple of fish. Now we're in a drought and you could almost walk across the river, thank goodness for the jet tunnel hull boat.

Nicely done, though I'm sorry to hear about the back. I hope that gets better for you.

My catch is way off this year. Im not getting out as much and I've switched lakes because of the drought (lake down 45%). We were out yesterday. Caught one largemouth, one smallmouth and one rainbow. None of any size.

Nicely done, though I'm sorry to hear about the back. I hope that gets better for you.

My catch is way off this year. Im not getting out as much and I've switched lakes because of the drought. My old go-to lake is down 50%). Place I'm going to now is down over 40% but still has water over 100' deep. We were out yesterday. Caught one largemouth, one smallmouth and one rainbow. None of any size.

Latest posts