Fishing License

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats BS ! if your paying tax's on that property you should be considered a resident you own it you pay tax's on it i mean common! NYS SAME WAY> THAT MONEY GOES TO THAT STATE IT DOES NOT GO BACK TO WHERE YOU REST YOUR umm !As you see this type of issue get me riled !!!!!!GOTA WATCH MY WORDS
Pennsylvania is the same, I own property but need to buy non resident license, I pay the same school tax as do the residents same township tax but no benefits.

Most every state has the requirement to live (Domiciled) in that state for 183 days per year, now that can be an aggregate total for the 183 days but you also then need to file for state income taxes on their forms. Owning land but living in another state does make you a non-resident (I know it's wrong) but seriously every state is looking for tax benefits to help them have money to spend. It sucks but until we all band together and fire every politician local, state and federal then this is never going to change.

Most every state has the requirement to live (Domiciled) in that state for 183 days per year, now that can be an aggregate total for the 183 days but you also then need to file for state income taxes on their forms. Owning land but living in another state does make you a non-resident (I know it's wrong) but seriously every state is looking for tax benefits to help them have money to spend. It sucks but until we all band together and fire every politician local, state and federal then this is never going to change.
Last couple sentences are the best idea I have heard in a long time !!

Most states that I've dealt with required that you live there either 6 months or a full year, and have a driver's license from that state. When I pushed the issue in FL their reply was that owning property or simply being there does not make you a resident, they want to see a 6 month old driver's license.
Fishing is one of the reasons I went to FL years ago, at first I rented, then bought a place, but the taxes, motor vehicle rules, and fishing license crap kind of ruined it for me. They do patrol the waters better down there, but to the point of harassment sometimes. I had zero problems with fish and game but a lot of those guys were friend of mine or knew me from up north. The main issue I as having was with my cars. I kept a car and boat down there in my garage. It had NJ tags on it, and NJ insurance. I'd drive down, in my car and leave it in the driveway, and I'd generally stay from around late Sept. to late March or so, or when the weather started to turn really humid. They kept on me about changing my tags over to FL, but in order to do that I'd need to change my license over, but my job back in NJ requires me to be a NJ licensed driver, with a license more than 6 mo. old.
NJ had less of an issue with an out of state license but required the vehicles in the driveway to be registered in NJ after 30 days. FL charged a tax when bringing or 'importing' a vehicle into the state that wasn't bought in FL, (They did drop that in later years).
What they basically wanted was for me to switch the tags back and forth every 6 months or so, FL wanted me to switch the license too.
In PA, they require proof of a tax or rent bill for more than a year as proof of residence, or a tax bill and a PA driver's license. PA was less of a hassle with the boat there, I could register the boat in PA simply because I kept it there but they register boats through Fish and Game not the DMV. They even told me I could register the boat there and leave the NJ registration alone, it was clearly just about getting the money out of your pocket.
The problem in PA is that they title and inspect trailers, where as NJ and FL does not, both have easy homemade trailer registrations and don't fuss much over trailers, but PA does. The reverse is true about NJ, they nit pick over the boat paper work and require a title or current properly transferred and notarized bill of sale from PA.
When a relative there died, he left me his two boats, neither were anything great but both ran and were fishable there. But he only used them on his own ponds. I wanted to register them for use all over PA. I called Fish and Game, explained the situation, told them I don't think he had any papers for either boat, but both were from teh early 60's. They gave me a number to call, then that guy gave me a local number to call. I met up with a game warden at the local office, they looked the boat over, asked if I wanted numbers for both boats, I said yes, and they came out with a registration and charged me less than $40 in all. Boats older than 1997 are not titled.
They told me since they were on my property, they could forego the Abandoned Boat' procedures and just issue me a registration since neither boat had been registered in over 40 years. One actually turned out to have been my uncle's boat last registered in 1970, the other one had no history at all, and they couldn't verify the hull number or PA reg numbers. I tried to bring one back to NJ but NJ refused to acknowledge the PA registration. I sold both there and eventually sold the house too.
The cost of living in NJ has gotten too high and the taxes and cost of food are making it impossible to stay here. My plan it to get out within 5 years.

I'm in Illinois, I have a friend that is disabled he doesn't need a license to fish.
I'm looking at doing the same.

I'm in Illinois, I have a friend that is disabled he doesn't need a license to fish.
I'm looking at doing the same.
Ummmmmm. You might want to clarify that last sentence. I trust you're not looking at "disabling" yourself.

Just askin'.....Roger

I can tell you straight up if you do disable yourself, life will change for you drastically; I am almost 100% disabled at this point and life is tough when your disabled, they say everything is ADA compliant and I say BS to that comment.
Boat landings and dock aren't ADA compliant not are the parking places for your vehicle and if you have trouble walking a long way (TOUGH LUCK), bathrooms aren't ADA compliant. Being disabled is tough I fight through it as I am going to fish no matter what I have to endure, just make changes in how I operate / manage boat loading and unloading, parking as best I can and take life 1 day at a time. Enough said I'll get off the soapbox!

I can tell you straight up if you do disable yourself, life will change for you drastically; I am almost 100% disabled at this point and life is tough when your disabled, they say everything is ADA compliant and I say BS to that comment.
Boat landings and dock aren't ADA compliant not are the parking places for your vehicle and if you have trouble walking a long way (TOUGH LUCK), bathrooms aren't ADA compliant. Being disabled is tough I fight through it as I am going to fish no matter what I have to endure, just make changes in how I operate / manage boat loading and unloading, parking as best I can and take life 1 day at a time. Enough said I'll get off the soapbox!

Ok, then. It's just that the statement was a little open-ended to those of us who didn't know that about you.

Roger
I was in a car accident broke both bones in my lower left leg just above the ankle and shattered my ankle. 4 or 5 orthopedic surgeons said to amputate my foot. Then Dr Rolo Neset said he could put in together, but I would be needing an artificial ankle at some point. 40 some years later I still have my foot and can walk. When I was 37, I started working in Nascar as a catch can man. During pit stops all I had to do was come off the wall and stand behind the car while everything else was going on around me.
I finished my 12 years in Nascar working for Kevin Harvick inc mostly for Ron Hornaday truck series team winning the championship in 2007 and with their Busch series development team.

That's a cool story. Always been a Happy Harvick fan. Before that I was a huge Big E fan. Thinking about the ol Intimidator today as we wait for the flag to drop for the Daytona 500 this afternoon.

That's a cool story. Always been a Happy Harvick fan. Before that I was a huge Big E fan. Thinking about the ol Intimidator today as we wait for the flag to drop for the Daytona 500 this afternoon.
I met Harvick through Ron Hornady. Ron drove a few times for another truck team I was on.