Fishing License

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for many years without seeing or being checked by NY DEC. In the last 5 years, have been checked 3 times. It has always been a pleasent conversation. Take pictures of violators and send to your local office. This includes lake property owners that think they own the water. ;)

You know, ever since I've had to have one, which would be when I was a teen, I have never been asked to show my fishing license. Fact is I can probably count the times I've seen a fish & wildlife warden on one hand. I don't begrudge paying to support our outdoor sports, but I truly do wonder where this money goes.
Pays for DNR officers salaries, for the hundreds of thousands it costs to put in public acess areas, pays for safety programs for fishing, hunting etc. Here in Ohio, it is easy to see all the improvements made under our current govenor. Under certain prior govenors, fees were raised and no improvements were made and in many cases public acesses were degraded, but we seem to be on the right track now...

Honestly, I would like to see mire DNR agents out there checking to see if rules are followed. Far to many are abusing the laws !! Been stopped a few times in my over 50 years of fishing with a license, always been a pleasant experience even when I was in the wrong, show respect and you will get respect !!!

Honestly, I would like to see mire DNR agents out there checking to see if rules are followed. Far to many are abusing the laws !! Been stopped a few times in my over 50 years of fishing with a license, always been a pleasant experience even when I was in the wrong, show respect and you will get respect !!!
They tend to leave us alone when they see that we have what's called a "Conservation Patron's License" in Wisconsin. I've been buying this every year on April 1st for many years now. A patron's license groups every fishing license and stamp with every hunting season, hunting tag, and weapon type as well, and an annual State Park/State Forest pass, and bundles them for a small discount. It's $165, and the DNR likes to see this when out in the field. Never had them ask any questions when they see we are one of their premier customers.
No discounts for old people, but this same combination license is $75 for youth, and $10 for Purple Heart Veterans.

I'm a VA rated disabled veteran. Illinois doesn't require me to get a hunting or fishing license. I believe any addendums to the hunting license are required. When I went down to Texas I inquired about any discount they had for disabled vets. They gave me a free Super Combo license. With it I can fish fresh or salt water, take 2 Mule Deer, 5 White-Tailed Deer, and 4 Turkeys.

Pays for DNR officers salaries, for the hundreds of thousands it costs to put in public acess areas, pays for safety programs for fishing, hunting etc. Here in Ohio, it is easy to see all the improvements made under our current govenor. Under certain prior govenors, fees were raised and no improvements were made and in many cases public acesses were degraded, but we seem to be on the right track now...

I wish I could identify any access improvements. Truth be told, I suspect they don't focus a lot on guys like me out on a boat. They figure we are going to have a license.

Honestly, I would like to see mire DNR agents out there checking to see if rules are followed.

Me too.

Ontario residents over 65 don’t need a fishing license, just ID
to prove your age.
Do you know if this includes out of country licenses? I bet not, but might make a return trip sooner, if it did. (;

Got my Indiana "Fish Until You Drop" license last year at age 65 for $17. Only time I've seen the DNR is when they do their Catch the Unregistered Snowmobiles binges once or twice a winter. As for improvements....LOL, the ramps I see are barely usable. I also wonder where the money goes. For stocking I hope.

I live in Oregon and they want us to believe that they are on our side and understand our plight with raising lic fees and boat fees. After reading everyone’s comments I don’t believe they do or are aware.
If I could understand the rules and laws of my state I’d explain them to you.. I’ve been an American for over 73 years old, haven’t seen a discount on either one..

Now that is about as far apart as we can get, probably shouldn’t move to get a discount. We have a state government that is more involved in helping the unemployed, homeless, LGBTQIA’s+
Than giving something to those who have already worked their whole lives, Fought in a war and paid their taxes. A free angling lic or free boat reg would be great maybe even both.

Good going troutski. You can always count on someone who must throw their political views out there no matter what the conversation is about.
I suggest he wasn't "throwing his political views out there". More like stating facts.
Re-read the statement, and you'll realize he didn't offer his opinions, but merely stated exactly what the Oregon "leaders" are doing.
Well, with the exception of the last sentence.

Roger

Good going troutski. You can always count on someone who must throw their political views out there no matter what the conversation is about.
Oh my. You seem to be easily upset ?? I wonder how old you are and if you've had to suffer and endure this all your life ?? It must take plenty of effort to address every distinctive character trait in those around you and also find understanding in the original points being made ?? That seems like a huge amount of energy to allow to be sucked out of you on a daily basis throughout a lifetime of interaction w/ diverse and beautifully wonderful brothers & sisters, who's differences make life interesting !!
You geaux boy !! Your seemingly exhaustive but enduring strength inspires me to seek another path. Thank you !!
My grandmother told me once, "if you can't say something nice about someone else, ... , don't say anything at all" !!
I myself find these words of advice to relieve me of stress, save my energy, stay on topic and generally leave others thinking I am concerned, compassionate and interested in them. (i.e. happy to be around)
Thanks again for painting a personal picture that really shows the proof that grandma was the rock of profound & good advice.
Sincerely ......................
God Bless.

Latest posts