Forum changes you are seeing.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canoe

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Good Day - the forum is now running on Xenforo software and I will be posting some How-To posts for how to post, upload images, videos, send PM's (conversations), etc.

Jim did sell the forum to myself and partner. We do not plan to change the rules or how things go here. I hope all the mods will stay, and Jim will be around as an admin but without all the background headaches. I'll be around some of the time to make sure things work well.

And please bear with us for a couple of days while we continue to tweak the changes in the background. We turned the site on as soon as we could for you. But there are still some tweaks necessary.

Nice to meet you,
Angie

Welcome aboard Angie and partner!

Welcome Aboard.jpg

Besides the warm welcome, let me assure the other Tin Boaters here - Members and guests - that everything will be the same to better with Angie in charge! This is now the 3rd Forum that I have been involved with where Angie has taken over (1 Site I owned myself, plus 2 others as a 'frequent' contributor) and none are for the worse - woo hoo!

Any many, many thanks to Jim - for both his vision and dedication in establishing this excellent Site and making it the BEST RESOURCE for our brothers and sisters of the tin!

Welcome Angie. Thank You Jim for a great forum.

My only question is will the new format correct my posts when I say something dumb (might need a bigger server). :)

Our very talented head tech may be working on that after we make sure all the regular stuff is working okay. Nice to meet you.

It looks like I have to log in each time even though I checked off the box to "remember me". I have that issue on a couple of message boards that we haven't figured out, but I try to keep things locked down with the cookies and ad stuff so any thoughts to what might be causing it? And welcome, there's a decent group here that offers some good ideas/solutions to aluminum boating issues.

It looks like I have to log in each time even though I checked off the box to "remember me". I have that issue on a couple of message boards that we haven't figured out, but I try to keep things locked down with the cookies and ad stuff so any thoughts to what might be causing it? And welcome, there's a decent group here that offers some good ideas/solutions to aluminum boating issues.

If you clear cookies each time you log off you clear the remembering of you on the forums. The remember me runs off cookies.

I prefer the look to what it used to be, but I had no issues with it. That being said I've noticed that some links are one click and others aren't. Is this something caused by the poster?

Welcome Angie and Partner.

Only question I have so far: is there a last read post button, or am I just over looking it.

At the top of the thread is a new post button. That will take you to the first post you have not read. Since the forum s/w is new it does not have a record of the last post read in a thread. Once you read to the last post now, the next time will go to the first post you have not read.

I prefer the look to what it used to be, but I had no issues with it. That being said I've noticed that some links are one click and others aren't. Is this something caused by the poster?

I would need to see a thread with the links so I can look and analyze it.

If you clear cookies each time you log off you clear the remembering of you on the forums. The remember me runs off cookies.
Ok, there must be a new cookie with the changes because it would automatically log me in before and I can see the cookies that were saved previously. I briefly turned off "block cookies" and logged in again and then turned off cookies and it's now logging me in but as soon as I click on a thread it shows I need to log in again. So something isn't quite being set right. I'll keep playing with it.

Last edited:
welcome Angie

I like the changes. I use another site that I believe is the same engine…..or very similar. Easy to use….

The dark background option makes it look slick on an iPad.

Jim….Thank you for running such a great site. This has been a wealth of information for me over the years.

Ok, there must be a new cookie with the changes because it would automatically log me in before and I can see the cookies that were saved previously. I briefly turned off "block cookies" and logged in again and then turned off cookies and it's now logging me in but as soon as I click on a thread it shows I need to log in again. So something isn't quite being set right. I'll keep playing with it.
In firefox, you could put an "exception" in your cookies so it will not erase your login info.

Capture.JPG

Welcome @Angie!

@Jim hope you still hang around here bud!

Latest posts