Front seat options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadzeilenga

Reaction score
Well, the plywood seats my dad installed 25yrs ago are finally up to get redone.

First up is the little seat at the bow. The 2x4 he used are rotten and plywood is delaminating.
c296443975c279599fba0f03e189143c.jpg

The aluminum brackets riveted to hull are in good shape.
ea258e8436907a3f86100e5dea70be14.jpg

What are my options to replace the seat. Obviously no PT wood, I was thinking a 3/4 plywood, sealed up very well with some Aluminum angle under for stiffness. Might extend it up to the nose of the bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have replaced seats on a lot of the boats that I have redone. The 3/4 inch plywood will be plenty strong on that seat. My Lund boats that I have redone I use 5/8 acx or bcx well sealed and no problems.

Thanks guys! Any recommendations for a high quality paint that is good with UV? Would some of that new deck paint that goes on with roller work?

Once I do the seats, I'm planning to get some removable padded cushions that I can put on there, but remove so the sun doesn't burn them up when the boat is in storage. I keep it at a lot uncovered.

So I was at HD today picking up the 3/4 BCX board for my seats and the guy there recommended the LP Legacy sheet which is basically waterproof OSB due to Gorilla glue being in it.

I did a quick search on AL compatibility and couldn’t find any issues. Anyone familiar. It’s extremely hard and looks pretty tough.

I would need to see how well it painted

I’ve tried to find Marine Plywood and there is none around per the HD/Lowe’s search. I might try this waterproof sheathing, but need to see if it can be painted first.

Also, my flotation foam looks to be in good shape except for a few white balls which have come off