Fuel tank quick connect

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassin4fun

Reaction score
Just have a quick question. Is the brass male quick connect fitting necessary on single line Johnnyrude tanks? Or can I just thread in a straight barbed fitting and clamp the fuel line right on to it? Thanks!

Thanks Pappy, thats what I figured. Just wanted to make sure.....I am installing an inline fuel filter and just wanted to know if I still needed to reinstall the fitting. Easier not to, just won't be able to remove line from tank. But, I'm used to that already cuz I ran the ol' 2 line tank for 3 yr. with my other motor.

If you follow the fuel line from the tank to the motor, on the starboard side to your fuel pump there should be a thumbscrew and may even say "filter" on the side. Loosen the screw and there's a metal screen. I believe that is the factory fuel filter (if your motor has it) I'm not sure when they did or didn't haven't it on their motors. I have a 1995 25hp 2-stroke Johnson and thats where my fuel filter is located.

vahunter, so yer sayin' that there is a filter in the pump assy. itself? I just checked my motor, saw nothing on fuel line from motor fitting (port side obviously) around and underneath cyl. head to fuel pump.(starboard side) Then just a line from pump to carb.

Latest posts