Fuel tank size

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airshot

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Recently bought a 1992 Sylvan Sea Troller, a 16' aluminum side console fishing boat. Everything is in excellent condition, spent most of its life in a garage. Previous owner was not sure of the capacity of the built in fuel tank. Claims it has never taken more than 10 gallons of fuel. Searched all over for fuel capacities on these and came up with ZIP......If anyone has one of these or knows what the fuel tank capacity really is, please let me know. For now I am carring a couple small gas cans so when I run it dry I can get back to shore, but not thrilled with this idea !!! Tried getting to the tank to look for a tsg but it is buried in the floor with a live well directly over top !! Hope I never have to replace it !! Lol.....

If you can get the height, length and width of the tank you can figure out the capacity.

Was going to try size but it is buried in the floor with a live well right on top !!! Cant even see the top of the tank....yep gonna run her down and carry a small extra tank and do it the hard way. Yesvthe fuel gage works but how accurate??? Only time will tell....just thought someone might know...

airshot said:
Was going to try size but it is buried in the floor with a live well right on top !!! Cant even see the top of the tank....yep gonna run her down and carry a small extra tank and do it the hard way. Yesvthe fuel gage works but how accurate??? Only time will tell....just thought someone might know...

I can't see how the gauge might realistically help determine capacity. I was just curious when I asked. I was thinking all permanent tanks would need one. I have a 12 gal portable. While I can view the fuel level, I wish I had a gaso gauge.

Anyway, good luck with figuring the capacity.

Went for a quick ride today to burn off some more of the fuel and a little fun. Gage was on E when I got back to the ramp but motor still running great. Tried a siphon hose to get out remaining fuel, but that turned futile as the fill hose makes a few turns before it enters the tank. Tried blowing and listening for bubbles but very few, so I am considering the tank must be pretty close to being really empty. Will takevit over and fill it up and see how much it takes.......

I finally got a chancevto run the tank down to measure its capacity, the motor did not quit running but fuel pickup was getting spotty. Put a hose in thru the fill pipe and just the bottom edge ofvthe hose a a little wet spot of fuel on it, so I am calling that **** close to empty. Filled it up and it took 13 .5 gallons to fill.....so I am guessing a 15 gallon tank. I did find a floor hatch under a piece of diamond plate on the floor, guessing this might be fuel tank acess. Will check in a couple days to know for sure

Latest posts