Funny fishing stories

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
There must be MILLIONS of funny things that happen to us while fishing...

Last month I was on a lake shore in a public park at 02:00 in the morning trying out a new rod and reel. The lot was empty except for my car, I mean TOTALLY empty, and it was a BIG lot.

About 30 minutes after I got there a car suspiciously pulled next to mine, stayed a few minutes, and left only to circle around and park next to me again. After a few minutes two persons got out of their car, walked around my car and started walking towards me in the complete blackness of the morning.

I was glad I had my handgun, but decided to use my other weapon for defense, my BLINDING CREE headlight in their faces.

A guy yelled at me, "Hey is that your Mustang in the parking lot"? What a brain surgeon... I said, "No, I always fly here in my helicopter early in the morning and call my pilot for a pickup when I need it".

He just said, "oh, OK" and he and his girlfriend (both a bit light on their feet) went into the park to do whatever they were going to do in the dark park.

I went to my car, started it up, the couple turned around and he gave me the finger :)

Another time I was fly fishing in a little creek in upstate New York, and my sister happened by as I was leaving. I said it was too dark to fish when the bats started chasing my dry fly. She didn't believe me so I dangled my fly off the little bridge I was crossing and sure enough they (the bats) started swirling around my fly. Another fisherman was crossing the bridge and asked if I had any luck, besides the fact I NEVER told anyone how many or where or on what I caught fish, just then a bat grabbed my dry fly. I said, I have one on NOW.

He looked down into the water, and I said, not there, up THERE! when he saw the bat flying around with my line trailing around, he scooted away like he just ran into the Addams Family or Munsters :)

The bat let go and we left laughing.

There must be MILLIONS of funny things that happen to us while fishing...

Last month I was on a lake shore in a public park at 02:00 in the morning trying out a new rod and reel. The lot was empty except for my car, I mean TOTALLY empty, and it was a BIG lot.

About 30 minutes after I got there a car suspiciously pulled next to mine, stayed a few minutes, and left only to circle around and park next to me again. After a few minutes two persons got out of their car, walked around my car and started walking towards me in the complete blackness of the morning.

I was glad I had my handgun, but decided to use my other weapon for defense, my BLINDING CREE headlight in their faces.

A guy yelled at me, "Hey is that your Mustang in the parking lot"? What a brain surgeon... I said, "No, I always fly here in my helicopter early in the morning and call my pilot for a pickup when I need it".

He just said, "oh, OK" and he and his girlfriend (both a bit light on their feet) went into the park to do whatever they were going to do in the dark park.

I went to my car, started it up, the couple turned around and he gave me the finger :)

Another time I was fly fishing in a little creek in upstate New York, and my sister happened by as I was leaving. I said it was too dark to fish when the bats started chasing my dry fly. She didn't believe me so I dangled my fly off the little bridge I was crossing and sure enough they (the bats) started swirling around my fly. Another fisherman was crossing the bridge and asked if I had any luck, besides the fact I NEVER told anyone how many or where or on what I caught fish, just then a bat grabbed my dry fly. I said, I have one on NOW.

He looked down into the water, and I said, not there, up THERE! when he saw the bat flying around with my line trailing around, he scooted away like he just ran into the Addams Family or Munsters :)

The bat let go and we left laughing.
Why is it when walking with poles in hand and a tackle box big enough to know that your serious about fishing no matter how many pass you there a hand full ask? ARE YOU GOING FISHING? Most time i say nope measuring depth of lake & use poles to do it. They look dumb founded > THEN SMILE :) Or I hear a sarcastic remark.:censored: I just laugh.

One time me and a buddy were killing some beers with our poles wedged into some cement blocks. Nothing biting. Looked over at him and said "Man, I'd sure love to see my pole bend in half right about now." His eyes got big and he managed to stutter out LooloolooLOOK! I turned back just in time to see my bent over pole fly out of the block, flipping it right over. Pole went kerplunk into the lake. Oh hell, no! I dove off the seawall as far as I could. Managed to grab the very end of the grip as if flew between my legs. Soon I was back on shore and a half hour later I landed the biggest catfish I ever caught.

Boat ramp tales.

We had just got done fishing and we’re waiting for the ramp to clear when I noticed it was the two Russians trying to put their boat on the trailer.

This is always entertaining due to them usually being hammered and having no clue whatsoever about how to put a boat on a trailer.

So there they are with the boat crossways on the trailer half way on the ramp yelling at each other in Russian, one of them in the tow vehicle and the other in the bow of the boat.

Then suddenly the guy in the bow jumps over the rail onto the dock, but the dock is no longer there, it’s three foot further down as the boat is up the ramp.

He does a half flip and lands squarely on his side on the aluminum dock and just goes “Wugh ooof” and lays there.

Watching this unfold I LoLed and my wife gasped audibly.

As the guy is getting back up the driver begins backing the boat back into the water to get it straightened out.

Took them two more agonizing attempts to get the boat on the trailer right with the jumper holding his side and moaning the whole time.

These guys always fished at about the same time we did and I got to watch their antics often, always entertaining.

Last edited:
Why is it when walking with poles in hand and a tackle box big enough to know that your serious about fishing no matter how many pass you there a hand full ask? ARE YOU GOING FISHING? Most time i say nope measuring depth of lake & use poles to do it. They look dumb founded > THEN SMILE :) Or I hear a sarcastic remark.:censored: I just laugh.
Here's your sign !!!

Years back when my kids were teenagers, we just came in from an evening cruise. Just loaded the boat on the trailer when we heard then saw a small runabout screaming toward the launch ramp wide open. What I assume was the husband standing up, holding on to the top behind the wife screaming his head off....up the ramp they came full speed, needless to say the boat came to a grinding halt, hubby came overvthe top, over the bow and on to the pavement!! Wife climbed out, went to their truck, got in and left. I walked over and turned off the outboard motor and the husband got up, bloodied, chased after the wife in the truck towing the empty trailer going out the drive!! We finnished tying the boat down and left..

Years back when my kids were teenagers, we just came in from an evening cruise. Just loaded the boat on the trailer when we heard then saw a small runabout screaming toward the launch ramp wide open. What I assume was the husband standing up, holding on to the top behind the wife screaming his head off....up the ramp they came full speed, needless to say the boat came to a grinding halt, hubby came overvthe top, over the bow and on to the pavement!! Wife climbed out, went to their truck, got in and left. I walked over and turned off the outboard motor and the husband got up, bloodied, chased after the wife in the truck towing the empty trailer going out the drive!! We finnished tying the boat down and left..
IT'S WHY I ONLY DATE WOMAN WHO DONT LIKE TO FISH /When I say I am going fishing she says bye! lol! best part is when i come home we have been away from each other, so it gives the "my time" a great outlook. & a pleasant evening !

I had put this on another thread, My Cousin from southern NY Fishes the Huson River quite a bit & does pretty good `however one day while fishing he hooks into this beauty of a striper the line breaks just as the fish turns my cousin out of nowhere dives in after the fish!
Well, you can see the outcome ! soaking wet & proud as hell! That's one for you Rob!

Attachments

• march 16th 037.jpg
    march 16th 037.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
Went fishing with my regular fishing buddy one day, the rule was, whoever caught the biggest fish last time out the other guy had to bait all hooks. First cast of the day I hook up before he can even wet his line, I real in a small but keeper bluefish (Not even what we're fishing for). I don't even take the hook from his mouth and I quietly drop him back in. I wait until my buddy is ready to cast and yell, "Fish on!" Buddy grabs the net and halls in my same bluefish, not realizing it's the same fish. He's yapping the whole while, "Can't even get my line wet and you got 2 in the box!!!" I'm starting to laugh but manage to hold it in. With his back to me I close the fish box and say, "2 in the box ole man!" He again is ready to cast and I let my fish swim off still hooked (I can't believe he hasn't spit the hook yet). Buddy cast his line finally and as it hits the water I yell, "FISH ON!" He slams his rod down and starts cursing, F this, Screw that, WTF etc I start laughing out loud but he still doesn't catch on. Well my fish finally spits the hook and the game was over, we both got skunked the rest of the day. On the way in he checks on my catch and sees they aren't in the box. Laughing my *** off I tell him what I had done to him....Man what great times they were.

Latest posts