GA TinBoat Get Together

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, provided I can make it, I could also do a pick up and/or dropoff at the Atlanta airport if you needed (can't offer a room, sorry).

Got about a week left to see if this thing will happen.

This sounds really good, I am interested,
NOT TRYING TO HIJACK THREAD... I am thinking about doing some kinda River run with a camping night this summer, I am planning running the Canoochee down to the Ogeechee and then running back up the Ogeechee to Morgan's Bridge at 204

The details
Putting in just east of Claxton Ga on 280... Running through Fort Stewart (I have a pass, but need to get guidance on the regulations for that for others)
Hitting Ogeechee just west of I95, then turning back west and running to Morgan's Bridge on 204.
It is 25 road miles from the ramp at 280 (Canoochee) to the Ramp at 204 (Ogeechee). I preach at the church in Ellabell Ga. (between the ramps) which is a place to park trucks overnight.
I have NO IDEA the river miles, and I plan on doing this run alone as a scouting trip sometime in the next month or so. IF it is cool, I may put it on here to see if we can get a big group run, so I am interested in how yalls meeting goes

Guess I'll pull the plug for now. Offer still stands for any of you who make it to Atlanta and who want to fish during your visit.

I would be interested for sure. All proceeds should benefit the web site. This place seems really genuine and full of great people.

I just spent 2 weekends in a row at Russell and love the place. Caught a ton of fish with 18+ lbs as the biggest day. We stayed at shade tree cabins in GA. Its really close to Middleton access and is a great part of the lake for Tin's...

https://www.shadetreecabins.com/

There is a chance I will be in east Atl the 11th, so about two weeks. If there is a get together I could always trailer the boat up. I don't have a trolling motor so it would have to be a gas outboard lake.

sixgun86 said:
There is a chance I will be in east Atl the 11th, so about two weeks. If there is a get together I could always trailer the boat up. I don't have a trolling motor so it would have to be a gas outboard lake.

Pending no get together, and you'd like to wet a line, I'd be happy to try to get you out on a small lake while you're here.

Brine said:
sixgun86 said:

Pending no get together, and you'd like to wet a line, I'd be happy to try to get you out on a small lake while you're here.

I'd be interested in coming out as well! I'm the opposite of sixgun though; I'll have a trolling motor but no outboard yet :( Saving up the $2700 or so to get a brand new 15 horse rather than buying an old overpriced motor on Craigslist. Boat should be done by then so let me know if it's happening!

Dockside85 said:
Brine said:
sixgun86 said:

I'd be interested in coming out as well! I'm the opposite of sixgun though; I'll have a trolling motor but no outboard yet :( Saving up the $2700 or so to get a brand new 15 horse rather than buying an old overpriced motor on Craigslist. Boat should be done by then so let me know if it's happening!

You just have to know what your looking for, I scored a 15 electric start that had about 10 hrs on it for 700.00. :mrgreen:

Bugpac said:
Dockside85 said:

You just have to know what your looking for, I scored a 15 electric start that had about 10 hrs on it for 700.00. :mrgreen:

Well if you come across a good deal near us anytime soon keep me in mind!

Latest posts