Gasoline Prices

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I was readng on "Best On Tour" that the price for 50 gallons of boat gaso, based on the nat'l average, has gone from $109 to $159 in the past 12 months. A 46% increase! I"m not sure what they mean by "boat gas". I wish I could buy 50 gallons for $159, but being in California that ain't going to happen.

As my daughter would remind me to say, sorry to be a buzz kill! :D

I paid $3.09 a gallon today, regular with Alcohol.
N.W. suburbs of Chicago outside of Cook County.

Attwanl said:
How much is gas there in Cali

I pay $4.39 for diesel if I drive a few miles to a Chevron station. Regular gasoline is about $4.20 but it really varies by station. The Shell station nearest me is $4.89 for diesel and $4.73 for unleaded. They are always higher than other stations. I don't know why folks go there. For me it is literally like burning a ten dollar bill to go there.

Costco is about the cheapest gas around here at $3.99/gallon last I checked. Problem is if I go there Mrs Ldubs will want to visit the store and there are very few who visit Costco without at least one overflowing shopping cart of stuff. :D

Our only option at gas stations is ethanol blended gaso. There might be non-ethanol at some marinas or maybe places that sell containers of race car fuel. I seem to recall reading that someplace -- maybe here.

eeshaw said:
Makes me wonder what they're getting for Avgas these days.

A lot of prices depend on what part of the country you're in.

My local station has regular (10% ethanol) for $3.099
Ethanol free is $3.249
The local airport runs $4.99 to $5.60 for Av-Gas depending on the grade.

We were 3.23 for regular in central NJ last week but starting today, the gas tax dropped around $.08 so we're actually going down. It's still almost $1 more than last year.

Come up to Canada, you'll appreciate your prices more...even California's
I'm on the east coast, its around 1.38 a liter, daughters on the west coast $1.68/ liter...5/6 gallon

Yikes, that is pretty steep. I did the conversion. Over the weekend I paid $1.05/liter at Costco ($3.99/gallon). That is a huge difference. I suspect that what we have in common is a gas price that is heavily driven by taxes.

Don't whine too much - we could be paying what my sister-in-law pays. She lives in Kensington, London, England...US equivalent is $7.05 a gallon.

We got pretty cheap gas here in the US compared to other countries...just we've been 'spoiled' by all the years of very cheap gas.

Seeing as i drive an oversized 4x4 tundra, not aloud to complain.
I will be looking to downsize but nothing has caught my eye. Smaller trucks around here are just as expensive and not alot better on fuel. Thought someone would make a small diesel but fuel is as high as gas now. Maybe a bronco type vehecile...i dont know

Zum said:
I will be looking to downsize but nothing has caught my eye. Smaller trucks around here are just as expensive and not alot better on fuel. Thought someone would make a small diesel but fuel is as high as gas now. Maybe a bronco type vehecile...i dont know

I am very happy with my 4x4 RAM eco diesel. The 6 cyl diesel gets great mileage, even when towing the boat. Not much HP, but lots of torque to get the job done. Before I had a Nissan Titan. The Titan was pretty peppy like a race car, but brutal on gas mileage, and it was supposed to use the higher octane gaso. I think I get close to the same mileage towing my 4,000# travel trailer with the RAM as I did towing nothing with the Titan.

Out here diesel prices seem to fluctuate differently than gaso. Right now I'm paying about 10 cents/gallon less than regular unleaded. A week ago it was the same.

Zum said:

I used to have a 4 cylinder Ranger. Got 20mpg pretty regularly with how I drive, think the best I ever got was 24. It had the 2.5 and a 5 speed manual.

Then I bought a Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 after I got a bigger boat. It gets 14.5 in the same conditions, can tow a lot more, has 4x4, will haul four people, and is actually useful as a truck. Was a pretty easy sacrifice, pretty much amounts to an extra $20 in gas every week for me.

People seem to think the world about mini trucks, but I wasn't all that crazy about mine. Just didn't pencil out with how limited it was.

I suggest the term "boat gas" is in reference to no road use taxes applied at a dock pump. That does not prevent states from applying other taxes, (luxury tax?) to such "leisure" items, though.

'Course, the docks probably jack the pricing anyway, being as it's a somewhat captured customer base.

Roger

$1.45/L here today... that's 4.43/USgal when currency is converted
Premium is $1.76/L.. $5.38/USgal converted

Trudeau is no better than Biden

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

Latest posts