Georgia Jonboat Bass Anglers Invitational Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAWGHUNNA

Reaction score
We (Georgia Jonboat Circuit) just completed our 7th annual State Championship Tournament. We had 2 new clubs (SWATT & BANG) join the previous 4 clubs (Southern Jonboat Anglers, High Voltage Bass Anglers, Jonboat Bass Association, and Lil' Water Bassin') that originated the event. We fished the event under a new format that 200 plus Georgia Jonboat Anglers voted in. The 6 clubs were divided into 3 regions (North- BANG & SWATT, Central- SJA & HVBA, South- JBA & LWB), and competed in a qualifier on day 1 (Oct. 9th 2010), on 3 different lakes. The top 6 teams from the Northern, Central, and Southern qualifiers would move on to day 2, to compete in the Jonboat Bass Anglers Invitational Tournament (J-BAIT).

The top 6 from the J-BAIT will represent Team Georgia in the 2nd annual South Eastern Regional Jonboat (SERJ) Championship, where Georgia's top 6 Jonboat teams will compete against the top 6 jonboat teams from Alabama & North Carolina.

Congratulations to the 2011 TEAM GEORGIA via J-BAIT Results.....

1st place - Jeff Cash & David Baity - 12.73 - BANG- Big Bass - 7.67
2nd place - Danny Colquitt & Billy Stanly - 12.51 - HVBA
3rd place - Russ Edwards & Chris Meyer - 9.69 - BANG
4th place - Daniel Standrige & Josh Combs - 9.63 - SJA
5th place - Mike Smith & Donnie Boone - 8.66 - JBA
6th place - Wayne Glaze & Papa Glaze - 8.09 - SJA

7th place - Terry Lee & Mike Wood - 7.51 - LWB - Alternates for Team Ga.

Lil' Water Bassin' wins the J-BAIT Club Championship Cup for the second time.

https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq278/HAWGHUNNA/IMG_1297.jpg
https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq278/HAWGHUNNA/IMG_1289.jpg
https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq278/HAWGHUNNA/IMG_1292-1.jpg

Well....looky looky.

Our very own Russ finished in 3rd. =D>

Congrats Man! I know you were up against some of the finest fisherman in the state.

Good luck with the Regional. You're gunna have to buy a Bulldawg hat for the event. :mrgreen:

Congrats to all the winners and to the Ga. team. It is going to be a fun Regional I'm sure. I look forward to meeting up with you guys in Sc next year.

I just started fishing with the CNCBA a couple of months ago, their board is on the site, and seen all you guys on here. Me and Junior usually fish electric only but the CNCBA let us fish out of our jon boat.

I never saw this post - thanks Brine!

yea... it was a tough day out there on that lake. There is hardly any structure to fish - so the only structure we found were the pebbles on the bank - but it paid off.

That was a long day, especially since we only caught 5 fish total, with only 3 being keepers.

Now here's the funny part... Lake Robinson was literally in my back yard when I went to college. But, I never fished it in a boat, only from the bank. I'm not planning on prefishing it either. I think I realized Sunday at Horton that it's better to not have honey holes to go to. We actually covered a lot of water (which I rarely do) and put fish in the boat.

Can't wait til April! :beer:

Latest posts