Gunwale track

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re allowed 100 hooks in the water. That includes troutlines and jug lines. AND rod and reals.

Aw, that is a lot different. Here it is three hooks max or three lures with up to 3 hooks on each lure. I think that is per rod with a two rod max per person (if you pay extra for the second rod that is). I don't think any trotlines or jug lines are allowed.

Aw, that is a lot different. Here it is three hooks max or three lures with up to 3 hooks on each lure. I think that is per rod with a two rod max per person (if you pay extra for the second rod that is). I don't think any trotlines or jug lines are allowed.
Trotlines and jugs differ from each body of water. Unfortunately some people abuse things by harvesting to many. I’m trying to stick to drifting. Every now and then I’ll float a few jugs. I only keep what I need eating size. When I fished all the time I fought many of 30 plus pound blue cat but they all get to go back in the water. I lived near a lake that was great fishing back then. I gotta hunt for them around here.

I probably tried every search and didn’t use those words. I’ve found several different types of 1/2 nuts for channel but not the channel. I’ve also been trying mainly the bib box stores. This afternoon I found something but had to go. I’m about to resume my search. I’ll look more at your link as well since they have the nuts should have the channel.
Thanks again I appreciate the help and your time.

Everything I’ve looked at so far from channel or strut or T track is for 1/4” bolt heads. I need to have a 1/2” nut for my rod holders. I’m still searching there’s got to be something.
Anybody know of anything?
This is what I'm going with.....

Scotty mounts that slide on T Track and Scotty Rod Holders

Scotty Track Mount

Scotty Power Lock

BTW....West Marine has 4 of the above rod holders with basic mounts for $50

I still have to purchase the sliding mount. Im going to try and adapt the standard mount by using the top two screw holes -mount has 4 screw holes- (mounted vertically) and see how it works. If no bueno, I'll have to get the slide mounts, as the two screw holes in that model are centered and it's designed as a sliding mount.

I ordered (2) 6'x1.5'x.75 extruded T slot rails 15 series from 80/20 via Amazon ;they are stout. I will be using 5/16-18 stainless steel carriage bolts/ washers and 5-Star Knobs.....hmmm for some reason it won't let me load pics!??

This is what I'm going with.....

Scotty mounts that slide on T Track and Scotty Rod Holders

Scotty Track Mount

Scotty Power Lock

BTW....West Marine has 4 of the above rod holders with basic mounts for $50
Best price I’ve seen for Scotty. I know nothing about track setups other than the top of my gunwale is round on my 1983. Lol
What size T track?

Correction 6'x 1.5" x 3/4"
Try loading your pics again please I would really like to see your set up.
Every day I’m getting closer to pulling the trigger on the stationary mounts for a round gunwale like mine. I won’t be able to switch to Scotty holders like I wanted but I have done well with Driftmasters. The Monster holders look good too.

You’re more than welcome. I’ve had lots of help on this site!
I used to work for a company that made strut, strut nuts, all the fittings for it.
I know nothing about the stuff. Which is probably why I’m having trouble picturing some of the set ups for a gunwale that’s round on top. I have some mounts in a cart that are made to fit I may just do that. I’m still going to build a 6 rod holder that goes across the back of the boat later down the road.

Correction 6'x 1.5" x 3/4"
I considered that track....but was not confident it would bend along the inside arc of the bow area and the area between gunnel rivets and top of gunnel did not allow a 1.5" wide track. So, I went with the 3/4" wide T track. It bent into place using C clamps.

Came across this set up on Klamath's website. Looks like multiple gunnel clamp-on rod holders (Scotty's??).

View attachment 113223
Yes, those are Scotty's. I tried them on my square gunnel and they did not hold well. They appear to be a better fit for oval/rounded gunnels, which the boat in the pic has. It is a nice, well made, stout rod holder.

I ordered (2) 6'x1.5'x.75 extruded T slot rails 15 series from 80/20 via Amazon ;they are stout. I will be using 5/16-18 stainless steel carriage bolts/ washers and 5-Star Knobs.....hmmm for some reason it won't let me load pics!??
will you be bending it at any place along gunnel? Just curious if it will bend to the arc of bow area.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as track designed to mount on the round top of a gunwale? The top of my gunwales are round and I’m trying to figure out how to mount rod holders on the sides of my 16’ tin boat.
My 16 has round tops too. I ran a 1x4 piece of PVC board just under the inside lip of my gunnels, siliconed and screwed from the outside. Very secure, and I mount all kinds of stuff to it, including several rod holders and a stick-on tape measures.

I considered that track....but was not confident it would bend along the inside arc of the bow area and the area between gunnel rivets and top of gunnel did not allow a 1.5" wide track. So, I went with the 3/4" wide T track. It bent into place using C clamps.
Shucks maybe I should have searched a little longer;that 3/4" sounds great!

Latest posts