Harbor freight boat trailer assembly tips.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
Got my trailer all unpacked and the Korean cardboard discarded from my neighborood.....Got a Vin, and Title, the bunks is the first thing I'll swap with pressure treated + carpet, the stuff they send is like Balsa wood.... Otherwise, the welds and pieces look OK to me. I could add some pictures of the build step by step type thing. Anyhow, you guys that did these ,any changes or tips to this process? Thanks

I am putting this thing together today, straight forward really, getting to the hubs, in the manual section it says "see intructions on packing bearings?" the hub is in a plastic back packed with grease? the bearings packed with grease, so I think its already done no? I am sure I will repack them and even change them , but right now I just want to use it... I thought about something, the air in the tires is Chinese air....tres bizarre!!! I wish they paint it black...

Not sure about them rollers, I think I will remove the one in the middle, with a Jon I think it would put a a dent in the bottom, I measured it up its like 6 foot, right in the middle of the boat, I probably rig up a piece of flat wood, carpeted instead.

Attachments

• 100_6682.jpg
    100_6682.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 9,721
  • 100_6679.jpg
    100_6679.jpg
    973.4 KB · Views: 9,721
  • 100_6683.jpg
    100_6683.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 9,721
Allright, got the electric done Gounded the tail lights100_6710.jpg
Picture in reverse order...
Here is the boat, perfect fit, Used the other bunk as a stop up front, and then of course the design for the pulley, the handle wont turn with this set up, several guys here had struggled with it, I have two set ups I can use, Bobberboy had a similar setup pulley on bottom, however I have enough pieces left for this second option, pulley behind the bar, what do you think about that? I think it will work.

Attachments

• 100_6711.jpg
    100_6711.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9,648
  • 100_6715.jpg
    100_6715.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 9,648
  • 100_6716.jpg
    100_6716.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 9,648
When I had the winch on the old winch stand it was too low and I had trouble loading the boat. The boat was being pulled down not forward. With the new winch stand the winch is mounted higher and pulls the boat easily to the bow stop.

Well, finally done with the winch modification so it actually works on this trailer, I use parts and brackets that where left over, like the reverse roller bracket as a winch mounting unit, one of the original bunks as a stopper and the other as additional middle bunk support. I am done here, moving back to my build thread.

Attachments

• 100_6719.jpg
    100_6719.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 10,094
  • 100_6718.jpg
    100_6718.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 10,094
  • 100_6716.jpg
    100_6716.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 10,094
Froggy said:
Allright, got the electric done Gounded the tail lights100_6710.jpg
Picture in reverse order...
Here is the boat, perfect fit, Used the other bunk as a stop up front, and then of course the design for the pulley, the handle wont turn with this set up, several guys here had struggled with it, I have two set ups I can use, Bobberboy had a similar setup pulley on bottom, however I have enough pieces left for this second option, pulley behind the bar, what do you think about that? I think it will work.

I think your going to launch your boat over your tow vehicle with that setup.

Froggy said:
Well, finally done with the winch modification so it actually works on this trailer, I use parts and brackets that where left over, like the reverse roller bracket as a winch mounting unit, one of the original bunks as a stopper and the other as additional middle bunk support. I am done here, moving back to my build thread.

Hour winch lead needs to be under your bow stop.

Latest posts