Have you ever had a lure/bait that didn't catch any fish???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
Have you ever had a lure/bait that didn't catch any fish???

For me I think....Rooster Tails!

Believe it or not I have never caught a fish on a brushhog, while the bass tear up baby brush hogs. Weird bass :shock:

It feels so weird not typing on my iTouch

I can't really think of anything. If I had to pick one that catches me the least amount of fish, I would go with the spinnerbait. I did catch small largemouth on them in my brothers pond, but the bass in there will take anything. The spinnerbait is one of the most unproductive baits in my collection.

After thinking about it, I've yet to catch anything on a buzzbait, or lipless crank. I should probably research and get a better handle on what conditions I should be using them in.

I guess I would have to say one of those mondo creature baits at night! One other thing is probably a swimbait. I don't use them much but the times I did,NOTTA!!!!NUTTIN"ZILCHO.....well you get the idea! :mrgreen:

No problem....Maybe I haven't used them enough to know where/how they work the best. I'm still learning....and waiting for warmer weather!

i have a ton of crank baits that ive never caught fish on but they look pretty in my box LOL, but back to the rooster tail i catch a lot of muskie and pike on the big black ones with a silver spinner. im not sure what size they are.

Fishin NJ said:
I have never caught a fish on a rattle trap. :? I know others use them and catch them up, maybe I am doing something wrong. Any tips, I am all ears!!

:shock:

Rat l traps are one of my all-time most productive bass lures! Best time to use them is early spring with 45-55 deg water temps. Burn them over flats with emerging grass covering the bottom. If you're not pulling up grass or contacting cover on every cast you're not using the bait to it's full potential! You'd be surprised how many bass will hit a RT in cold water, something about that tight wiggle drives em nuts. I even caught some bass on Rat L Traps last January. Good luck!

As far as baits that haven't worked for me...the chatterbait. Haven't used it much though.

Walk-the-dog baits, I need to give them more time because top water strikes are so cool.

I've never caught anything on a dropshot rig but I haven't given it much time(yet).

I've not caught much on a traditional style jig and pig but I've done great with shakeyheads, I need to spend some serious J&P time because they definitely catch nice fish.

Case Mad Toms, smallie guys rave about them but I've never caught anything on them.

Spinnerbaits (not talking about in-line "spinners") and Rat-L-Traps are killer around here!
The presentation I need more confidence in is walking the dog and medium/deep diving crankbaits.

I have never caught anything on a dropshot rig either. I have probly only tried it 4 or 5 times, for a short amount of time. I have also caught very few bass on a rubber legged jig and pig. I do well with other types of just, just not them. Soon enough I will learn to work them correctly.

the only two baits I have in my boxes that I haven't caught a thing on are excailbur one is a fatfree fingerling and the other is a spit'n image, i blaim it on the bill dance signature on the sides of both baits. In fact i think im gonna get rid of these things.

slim357 said:
the only two baits I have in my boxes that I haven't caught a thing on are excailbur one is a fatfree fingerling and the other is a spit'n image, i blaim it on the bill dance signature on the sides of both baits. In fact i think im gonna get rid of these things.

LOL, I know your kidding! The spit'n image kicks butt! I seen bill dance catch some bass on tv with it. :shock:

Latest posts