Helix 7

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a couple of hours to play on the local river and get familiar with it. My transducer location is working well….I don’t lose bottom at WOT. The numbers are big enough for me to see……The down and side imaging are going to be great additions for me. The transducer with this model doesn’t stick out so far so I can still side scan with my motor down, My buddy has a Lowrance and the transducer is like a 747 hanging off his transom. He has to tilt his engine up to side scan. After seeing what this thing does I can only imagine what the newer mega and 360 scan must be like. That’s way too much money though….I don’t get paid to fish. :LOL2:

DCD2A730-99DE-431F-875B-74E6C5EF0602.jpeg

sonny.barile said:
Had a couple of hours to play on the local river and get familiar with it. My transducer location is working well….I don’t lose bottom at WOT. The numbers are big enough for me to see……The down and side imaging are going to be great additions for me. The transducer with this model doesn’t stick out so far so I can still side scan with my motor down, My buddy has a Lowrance and the transducer is like a 747 hanging off his transom. He has to tilt his engine up to side scan. After seeing what this thing does I can only imagine what the newer mega and 360 scan must be like. That’s way too much money though….I don’t get paid to fish. :LOL2:

LOL

Top work! =D>

Could you post a pic of your transducer?

Lost But Happy said:
sonny.barile said:

LOL

Top work! =D>

Could you post a pic of your transducer?

It’s chunky…….the others I have seen are really long and narrow. I think the Lowrance has the side scanning circuitry in the tip….because an outboard in the vertical position will block it on that side. The Humminbird is short enough where it will shoot through the gap.
Install was a breeze because It had holes that matched my old transducer mount. I just backed the screws out carefully not to enlarge the holes and applied plenty of sealant on the new stuff……

622202C8-9C82-46C3-9296-1D9ADC389786.jpeg

441BCDCF-3343-4168-B417-2AA2DF9F7B2B.jpeg

My old one threw up a rooster tail…..which I think came from the gap in the knuckle. Now they provide a rubber plug for that spot so no more rooster tail.

Lost But Happy said:
Ah very nice. Do you leave it in that position all of the time, or do you fold it up for transport and launching etc?

It’s well clear of anything hitting it……It does have a pop hinge if it gets struck……

Latest posts