HELP PLEASE! (I need help identifying my Manufacturer & Model Name / Number for Arkasas boat registration...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE! (I need help identifying my Manufacturer & Model Name / Number for Arkasas boat registration...

Arkansas has made it quite a bit tougher with some new laws to get an older jon boat registered. I have a really old 2036 I've modified for trout fishing with a jet motor. I have had this boat registered in Arkansas in the past, but now they're requiring additional information to issue a 12 digit HIN. To received the 12 digit HIN I have to provide them the 1) Manufacturer Name & the 2) Model Name / Number. The transom has been rebuilt hence no HIN number on the boat. The only number I've found is on the front right corner. That number is "BB 69007." I have no idea if that number has any meaning. Any help, guesss, suggestions on where to look, etc. would be much appreciated. Before and after pictures included. (Thank you in advance and I'm new to the board!)
2036 before pic boat 1.jpg
2036 before pic boat 2.jpg
New boat 1.jpeg
New boat 2.JPG
New boat 3.JPG
New boat 4.JPG
New boat 5.JPG
New boat 6.JPG

The number that you posted..was in on the side of the boat, like a State Boat Number?

Most boats that had HIN numbers had them in more than one place. Prior to 1972, no such numbers were required.

We know about ..On the Stern ....(no help there) and one more place. The second number may have been put UNDER the front deck or one of the seats (unlikely) or under the braces in the back. A flashlight and your wife's makeup mirror can often help in seeing those numbers.

Sorry I can't help more.

This is great help. Thank you! I will look again in those places you mentioned. The number I included was on the front right side, outside, of the boat.

Could you find any manufacturer that made 2036 boats before 1971 and just claim it's one of those?

That is a good idea. I am having trouble finding manufacturers who made 2036 jon boats. Do you know of any manufacturers that made this size pre 1971? I believe it's definitely pre 1971.

if the number that you posted was on the outside of the boat, it sounds like the boat was previously registered in some State.

If so, whichever State already had some sort of a HIN on file. It might be a State-assigned-HIN which they might have done for a pre-1972 boat.

It appears to me that you are missing the two alpha letters that designate the State (which may well be your State). i.e. in Texas, it is TX in front of all of the other numbers.

I wouldn't go around making up stories and names of boats, especially if the boat had been previously registered. Your boat, your call.

Makes sense for sure. I feel like I'm getting closer. I can't even find a manufacturer who, way back in the 60'2 or early 70's, that built 2036 aluminum riveted boats. I have narrowed it down, somewhat, to the following manufacturers...Appleby Boats, Arkansas Traveler, and Polarcraft. Do you, or anyone else, know of some other manufacturers that made this type of boat? Thanks again.

Keep them coming please. I'm still looking. Here's my list of possibilities so far...

1) Arkansas Traveler
2) Appleby
3) Polarcraft
4) Alumacraft
5) Mon Ark
6) Duracraft
7) Delhi

It would appear to me that your boat's Arkansas registration number (not the HIN) is AR 69007 BB. I could, of course, be wrong. A call to the Arkansas boat registration people should tell you who the boat was registered to.

You may not want to make that call, because it could reveal that the boat is still owned technically by some prior boater, who could well be dead by now. Keep us posted, please.

richg99 said:
It would appear to me that your boat's Arkansas registration number (not the HIN) is AR 69007 BB. I could, of course, be wrong. A call to the Arkansas boat registration people should tell you who the boat was registered to.

You may not want to make that call, because it could reveal that the boat is still owned technically by some prior boater, who could well be dead by now. Keep us posted, please.

In the original post he states he has had the boat registered in Arkansas before.

That is correct, it has been relatively easy in the past to register a boat in AR. All of that has now changed as an extra security measure. The law is in place more for newer boats and not necessarily for boats like mine. I do understand what they're doing. This will certainly help deter theft. Thanks again for all of the help. The search continues...

Here are 3 pictures that show some of the unique features of this specific boat. The shape corners, the shape of the vent rib, and the shape of the transom support. I thought maybe this could help with identification.
Boat 1.PNG
Boat 2.PNG
Boat 3.JPEG

I'm not sure if they manufactured a boat that size, but back in the day, Ouachita was a popular boat brand in AR during the 50's-70's.

I bought a Ouachita 14SVL rowboat. I have the serial number, but I can't find what year this boat is. The plate on the back transom has a six digit serial number. Can anyone help me?

Latest posts