HELP !! Where did all the Yellow Perch go to ?

cyclops2

Reaction score
I fish the Clayton , N Y area of the river. This year was the least & smallest perch in decades. What happened to them. Other good fishing people had a terrible year with other fish also.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
I can tell you with certainty that there are snakeheads in the Delaware river and they might be eating the native fish. I did catch more smallmouth this year than last year, but we had high water most of last year and this year it was pretty low. I recently saw a picture of a 2 to 2-1/2' long snakehead caught near Lambertville, so they are definitely here. I saw another one caught c couple of years ago but not that big. Here's the one caught by the Titusville boat ramp back in 2018 I think.

snakehead.jpg

cyclops2

Reaction score
It Looks like I better learn how to catch & eat giant Snake Heads ? I am 1/2 joking. Looks like ALL the fish & Game people can stop the wishful thinking that killing all snakeheads will slow or stop their take over.
The Asian Jumping Carp are in for a rude surprise.

Anyone know if the meat eating Snakes are good to eat ? Any odd food things about them to know? I live in Kingwood / Frenchtown, N J

LDUBS

Reaction score
2022 has been the worst year of fishing (catching) for me. I blame it on the drought. But who knows, maybe I need new gear. :)

BTW, if it is called a snakehead, I'm probably not going to eat it.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
I think it's supposed to be good eating, that's why they were imported from Asia to sell in restaurants. I think the story around here was that a pond with the snakeheads being raised for restaurants, got flooded during a heavy rain and some got out and into the local streams, etc. and worked their way into the river. These fish can "walk" on land so they can find a water source to live in. But if you catch them, they should be good eating.

cyclops2

Reaction score
Only the finest restaurants serve Snakeheads. I can adjust to almost anything. If it is good. :)

CRS

Reaction score
The snake head is an invasive species released by environmental terrorists. Any person not killing everyone they can by any means is only adding to the problem. Any person found transporting them should face federal prosecution and spend a minimum of 20 years behind bars and their entire worth confiscated and used to help eliminate this Chinese invader.

cyclops2

Reaction score
They are in most river systems by now. Same as the Asian Jumping Carp.
USA has never made any plant, insect or animal ILLEGAL before it is brought into the country. Anything for a dollar is O K.

Latest posts