Horizontal Rod Storage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdmen

Reaction score
My boat has vertical storage for twelve rods between the rocket launchers on the leaning post and two sets of plastic rod holders. Only problem is the hour and a half drive to the coast with my rods whipping in the wind, and leaving stripes on the Chick Fil A drive through.

I bought a set of rubber and Velcro rod holders from Wal Mart but just couldn't bring myself to drill twelve more holes in my boat. Got an idea from a old episode of Ship Shape TV to use short lengths of 4" PVC to make the rod mounts removable.

While I wouldn't use these to hold the rods on the water, they stay much more secure down out of the wind. Unfortunately, your rods are still vulnerable to theft when you stop to buy ice and fuel on the way to the water.

Sorry I seem unable to figure out the albums on tinboats.net and had to use photobucket.

My boat:https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36070

Put some foam rubber on the back side to keep them from marring up the paint. Nice idea, not sure why you couldn't use them on the water, I hate vertical rod holders, they are in my way.

Thanks for the compliments, definitely not patent worthy but they seem to work.

I will have to look into some foam rubber for the back and a split piece of hose to glue onto the outside edge of the PVC.

Latest posts