HORRIBLE FISHING ACCIDENT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea of doing something for Cody & the family. Any ideas??????

Collect some money for a donation from TinBoats?

What can you say at a time like this, I can pray for Cody and his family. Ahab & Jim you guys are in my prayers as well.

My heart yells out for you all [-o<

I am so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with all of you guys, including Cody. I couldn't even imagine going through something like that. And Glad you were there Capt' to take charge and keep things under control when this happened. Again, All you guys will be in my thoughts.

That is horrible. I am very sorry to hear about such, but it is a good thing that all 3 of y'all kept your heads screwed on straight, or we could be reading about more than just Marty. :cry: :cry:

I don't visit on here much, only when Jim needs some clarification or needs a hand in fixing stuff php wise. Anyway, Jim had emailed me the story from the paper and I can not possibly imagine what Cody, Jim and Cap'n Ahab were going through.

This also hits pretty close to home as I live in the Long Island Sound area (CT shoreline to be exact) and am an avid boater myself...not so much fishing, but just the same.

Jim, if you want to set up a donation thing for the McMillan family you know how to get in touch with me. I would be more than happy to assist in setting up a memorial donation site or something on the interweb for you and your tinboaters. Let me know please.

Sincerest condolences to the family. :(

Wow I am so sorry I don't even have words that describe how I feel. I was going to go on this trip with Jim..

X

I can't even begin to imagine something like that happening, yet alone watching such a tradegy unfold the way it did. Not much of a religous person, but my thoughts go out to Cody, and his family. Also have to give credit to both Dave and Jim for handling such a devastating situation the way you guys did. This is just another reason for everyone to take a minute, and be very thankfull of how precious life really is [-o<

Haven't been on-line the past few days to do any any reading due to family stuff going on here, and just saw the post. I'm always at a loss for words at times like this, and offer my condolences and prayers.

I reread the post and I am also at a loss for the right words. What a terrible tragedy! When you read something like this it is easy to seperate yourself from the situation but in this case you are brought much closer because of the people involved. You are forced to put yourself in the situation and realize how awful it really was. You also realize how valueable a cool head can be, but wonder how anyone can compose themselves in a situation like that.

OMG this is the worst thing I think Ive ever heard of... very very sad.. I dont even know what to say. Thoughts are with Cody and the rest of his family. Jim and Ahab stay strong too!!! Times like these really test you. Sorry to hear this has happened.

Jim said:
I sent a flower arrangement to the Funeral Home from the members of TinBoats.net.

Appropriate and tasteful. That's the best thing you could have done Jim. This has to be a very awkward situation for Marty's family as well as for you and Dave. It's probably better that you don't inject yourself into this just now, but wait on the sidelines if they want to reach out to you and/or Dave.

DocWatson said:
Jim said:
I sent a flower arrangement to the Funeral Home from the members of TinBoats.net.

Appropriate and tasteful. That's the best thing you could have done Jim. This has to be a very awkward situation for Marty's family as well as for you and Dave. It's probably better that you don't inject yourself into this just now, but wait on the sidelines if they want to reach out to you and/or Dave.

Totally agree with Doc.... good advice.

Dave, I am even more saddened by this tragedy reading your detailed account than I was when you called me. While no one ever wants to hear of such a tragedy, thankfully you were on board. Your seamanship has always been top notch and you sure kept your head together. It's always been a privilege to head to sea with a mariner such as yourself whether or not you were the captain of the boat.

I am proud to call you friend.

What a terrible tragedy. My condolences to the family and to Jim and David for having to experience it.

Matt Spiece

Last night I just watched an episode with Marty and Tred Barta and it made me think of this story.....SAD SAD Day.

Latest posts