How I fry fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
Mix in a bowl- 1-can of Beer, an egg, and a large tablespoon of mayo. Mix well with a fork, but don't be concerned with a few "clumps" of mayo that didn't mix. Also, if' you're cooking a large amount of fish, you can double the ingredients.

Pick-up a box or 2 (more if you need it) of Fry-Magic coating for fish, available at any grocery store I've seen around here. I've tried alot of brands & different mixes, but have found this best by a long shot. It's not a "thick" breading, and has a good seasoning to it.

I use a turkey cooker & large stainless pot since I usually have a family fish-fry after having accumulated enough fish. To store the fish in the meantime, I fillet & skin them, then add them to a gallon zip-lock, fill with enough water to cover all the fish, add a little salt, then freeze them.

I've used this on both panfish & catfish since those are the only fish I keep to eat. When it's time to cook, here's my recipe:

Thaw the fillets, and rinse them well under fresh water, drain excess water from them. Toss them into the beer/egg/mayo mix. Dump the fry Magic into a large baggie, add the fillets & shake to coat. Don't do too many at once, it will help to get an even coating.

Drop them into the hot oil, and let deep-fry until golden brown. Remove from oil & place on large platter lined with paper towels to soak-up excess oil.

I'll mix-up some relish & mayo for those who like tartar sauce.

I've had people tell me this is the best fish they've ever had, including my 85 year-old dad, lol....and he's eaten some fish over the years. Recently shared my recipe with a buddy of mine who said the same thing, he also told me he made potatoes using the same method & ingredients as cooking the fish. I haven't tried it, but will the next time I fry some.

ST

Jim said:
Now I'm starving :mrgreen:

Diddo to that!
smiley_hungry.gif
CG-HUNGRY-SMILEY.gif

It's good stuff! If you do, post-up with your taste-test results
hbsw0461.gif

ST

BassAddict said:
=P~ Had me at add 1 can of beer!!!!!

That's the best part......getting a sixer leaves 5 for the cook
scif86.gif

Here's the product, and my bad....It's "Fryin' Magic"

https://www.littlecrowfoods.com/products/fryin_magic/

ST

I'll give it a try......... I got some nice zip-lock bags of dogwood lake redear/bluegill frozen. :mrgreen:

Scott.

Scott, I can't remember if you guys have a Marsh up there, but that's where I get it from. Let me know how ya like it.

ST

WOW.. This stuff is AWESOME!!!

I used this recipe for some bass I had in the freezer. I HATE mayo, so I made my wife mix it in for me, other wise I would have thrown up. That's how much I hate mayo.

Anyways, undoubtably the BEST fish I have eaten in a long time. And it's usally hard for me to say that, because I love just using salt, pepper and corn meal as my breading before throwing it in the pot with peanut oil.

YUMMMMMMMMMY!!! I think I'm going to go fishing Sunday, so I'm definitely keeping the fish to see how they taste fresh!

Thanks ST! =P~

Wow, mayo...who'd da thunk it?

I'll have to give it try.

Bet it's good for onion rings too!

Latest posts