I finally bought photoshop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Been playing around with gimp and others, so I finally broke down and bought photoshop cs5.5. The content aware delete function is AMAZING. I've never used the program before, but here is what I did a snapshot from my phone in about 15 minutes (learning curve) - I know the colors are off, but I didn't look past the glasses when I adjusted them :?

Notice the poles are missing, line is missing, edited out some of the boat wiring showing in the back left of the boat, took out the dark wood on the right side of transom - and I deleted the balloon and brought in a copy from the same balloon from a different picture.

Photoshoped...
2011-08-19bassPhotoShopped.jpg

Original -
2011-08-19BassOriginal.jpg

I am stoked to take a look at some of my old pictures now... I'd like to take out my ex BIL from some good family photos :)

Ictalurus said:
Awesome, can you make some of my fish look bigger? :LOL2: :LOL2:

Actually yes. One other cool feature I didn't use was Puppet effect. You can take and move objects on the screen, like the fish's tail and have it slapping you, or move a person's arms, legs, head, etc... I can't wait to try it out.

Congrats on the CS5 purchase! Content Aware is fantastic. I do use the Curves feature for just about every shot to get the colors set. If you get around to it, get the Adobe PS CS5 book by Scott Kelby. A bit pricey, but it's been invaluable in my learning curve of CS5, and there's still tons of stuff that I haven't tried. Here's a site I visit that sometimes has helpul tips: https://www.scottkelby.com/ . I don't even use the Gimp program I first started with after getting CS5.

Been using Photoshop professionally every day for the last 14 years. Couldn't live without it.

Totally agree with the Scott Kelby comments too. It is one of the best tutorials out there.

Congrats on the purchase. You're gonna love it!

Awesome! I can't wait to try it out. Out here in Afghanistan they sell tons of pirated software, and normally I'm not cool with it, but a week after I go out here Windows crashed on my computer. I didn't have a recovery disc, so the only option I had was buy a "programming pack" from one of the shops. For $35 I got all 4 versions of Windows 7, the full Adobe Master Suite, and tons of other stuff, but just the 2 things I listed are thousands of dollars worth of programs, so I can't complain. I bought my Wife a Nikon SLR last year, so when I get back she'll have photoshop to play with.

Due to me participating in the WorldWide PhotoWalk 2011 (did ours in Louisville, 1 Oct.), I received an email today from Adobe providing all of the registered "walkers" a $200 discount off of Lightroom 3, making the price $99 :shock: . Heck, there's still a whole bunch of stuff in Photoshop CS5 I haven't even tried yet, and probably never will. But I hear a lot of good stuff about Lightroom!

As a PS professional, I've heard many times, and agree with it totally, that even the best users of PS only use about 45% of what the program is capable of doing. Don't feel bad when you feel you don't know how to use much of it. It's a VERY powerful tool and it amazes me most days.

If you ever need advice or help learning something....let me know. There's many ways to skin a cat, but I'll give you what I can if it helps.

fender66 said:
As a PS professional, I've heard many times, and agree with it totally, that even the best users of PS only use about 45% of what the program is capable of doing. Don't feel bad when you feel you don't know how to use much of it. It's a VERY powerful tool and it amazes me most days.

If you ever need advice or help learning something....let me know. There's many ways to skin a cat, but I'll give you what I can if it helps.

I've seen that watching videos on youtube. Seems to be several ways to get something done.

From the business world, I equate it to excel. It is a very powerful tool, but most people never put it to real work. I took some advanced excel classes and learned 1 thing I didn't know before. Of course that one thing has saved me hours of time. :)

WWings,
I got the same email and i have both and use lr most of the time.Great pics u posted at the OZ..

Latest posts