I need some help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctbass

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a boat that I could mod out I'm looking for something that me and my girlfriend could fish comfortably on do you think a 10 ft jon boat would be big enough I posted some pictures of the one I'm looking at let me know what you think.
jon boat.jpg

What kind of fishing and how big/busy is the body of water? I used to fish out of a 10ft and as long as there is not a lot of chop and you don't need to stand to fish you will be ok.

I want something that 2 people can stand up in and fish comfortably on a moderate sized boat I've been looking for something bigger but I just can't find one do you think i should wait or do you think this is a good size?

yes...
wait for the boat you want. a 10ft boat can get squirrelly on flat water add a bit of chop and someone will be swimming

ok thanks a lot let me know if anyone sees anything for sale in CT

I've been checking craigslist regularly and just can't find anything does anyone know of any other websites like craigslist that might have a 12-14 ft jon boat for sale around CT

Does your local newspaper have a website?they may publish their ads online.I check ebay from time to time.Local boat shops get bed boats traded in as down payment.bed boats are boats that can be put in the bed of a truck by 1 person.The price is usually negotiable if theirs cash waving around or you're looking to make a purchase like a trolling motor or something along that price line.

try posting an ad in the "wanted" section and keep looking. Someone may have a boat just laying around see your ad and decide to make some cash. Its not an instant way but good to put out there while you are looking.

For two people standing I would want a wide 12' at least. 14' if you could find it would be that much better.

bAcKpAiN said:
For two people standing I would want a wide 12' at least. 14' if you could find it would be that much better.

I agree a 12x36 or 14x48.A 10 footer will carry 2 as long as weight is under 350lbs.Bigger would be better for standing up in.

Stability is more a function of width than length.

Make sure to get the widest bottom boat that you can find if you want to stand in it.

I'm another CT guy. It can be tough to find what you are looking for around here but be patient. Keep checking craigslist. I found mine after about 2 weeks of waiting. I ended up with a modified vee, 14 ft. Almost exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure where you are, but don't be afraid to look at surrounding states on craigslist. Also try the bargainnews. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I don't know if you could find any boats on Purplewave.com or not. I know that my dad finds alot of stuff on this website and it looks like CT has some auctions on it. It is a little like ebay but I don't think it has as much traffic. May be a great place to pick one up. When I was looking for a boat, I found alot of boats that I looked at around larger lakes. I would find websites of local papers around larger fishing lakes. I found several around there. Hope this helps.

My dad had a 10 foot jon boat and it was pretty unstable and cramped with two people by the time you got all of your gear and stuff on there. I would go with at least a 14ft and never settle for something that you think will be ok. I found that out the hard way. If you wait you will find what you are looking for.

Quackrstackr said:
Stability is more a function of width than length.

Make sure to get the widest bottom boat that you can find if you want to stand in it.

True.I'd like to find a 10' with a 48" bottom.That would be one fat looking boat. :LMFAO:

Latest posts