I was right! There was an other one!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelLowBudget

Reaction score
I just bought a 14' mod v Jon, the guy actually called me from Craigslist.

Its a little over a 5'6" beam
Has a '96 remote 30hp Merc with a hydraulic jack plate
One seriously huge fiberglass center console out of a full size trophy, in desperate need of removal and replaced with a side console.
It's got seats out the wazoo that need to be rearranged or junked.
A shot bow mount trolling motor (all I wanted was the bracket)
4 month old radio, speakers, bilge, and hummingbird depth/fish finder.
Front and rear deck
And he threw a bunch of other misc parts, rods reels and junk in along with all safety gear

Does anyone know what I will have to go through to put a side console on it? Are my steering cables going to be too long? Can I just coil them up?

I can't upload pics right now, I'll see what I can do tomorrow...

Best part was the price!

210e09d8.jpg

ee226f06.jpg
fd7e4c4a.jpg

You're right, that console is huge! You will most likely need to buy a shorter steering cable, teleflex is not very cooperative and will not want to roll, especially if it is older. There are some manufactures that will sell you a side console, think alweld wanted $200 new, alumacraft offers them as options so you could buy one separate but knowing it's exact dimensions would require you to find a boat with it already installed. You could always enlist the help of a local aluminum welding shop or build one yourself using wood or fiberglass. Side console should be an easy fab. Prob get enough to buy one new when you go to sell that center console.

AHAHAHAH! I almost fell out when I first got there between the big honkin console and that **** jack. It does have a regular jack that works but I guess his truck was lifted or something... It was sketchy to say the least while climbing in it...

I think he means the console...it's as huge as a big old street side mail box. (the kind for a neighborhood to use)

Oh ok, I got you now... No, a mail box is only about half the size... Lol, that **** thing was about 5 foot wide, and heavier than hell, we couldn't lift it off, we had to roll it off and let it hit the dirt after I cut the **** part out that the steering wheel was attached to cuz I couldn't figure out how to get it off...
52505e5d.jpg

You can kinda see it in this pic if you look real closely.

This thing is a wiring NIGHTMARE also, I don't know how it didn't burn up!

The surgery now begins.....did they say why they had that huge console on the boat? That thing is bigger than the one on my 21' center console....... :?:

He said something to the effect of, his dog could get in it and keep cool, he was going to mount some fans in it also... I personally would not have let my dog anywhere NEAR that wiring, for fear of him getting the dog sh!t (no pun intended) shocked out of him, especially if he liked to swim... He also liked the rod holders and cooler in it... #-o

To each his own, I can wait to see what you do with her.....When you get her done we should meet up.....I know the south bay like the back of my hand.....I'm sure you know the north end. Everything is on fire right now. I cant wait to splash my boat.....few more weeks and a little more money.

For sure man, I hope to have it in operable condition by tomorrow afternoon... So I can at least test it out, and hopefully fish next weekend. There is so much I want to do to it but my budget and need for a tug on the line far outway what I WANT to do, so for now I'm gonna get it fishable, and tinker with it when I'm not fishing...

As far as knowing the bay... Not so much... I couldn't really go to far out of Cockroach Bay with my little 12' vhull and 9.8 with a bad lower unit... I know cockroach well enough to catch fish, but anywhere else I pretty much have no idea... I guess that's where a GPS an fishing buddies come in.

Where about a do you live? I'm in Brandon, it's just outside of Tampa.

Things I need to get on the water...
Side console built
Wiring nightmare addressed and rewired
Find a place for the battery and the gas tank

Things I want to do in the future after the fishing monkey is off my girlfriend and I's backs
Paint the floors and decks with something someone recommends (hint hint)
Ad interior lights for the possibility of night fishing
Glass in a live well in the factory center storage compartment that has been all sorts of hacked up
Recover the Bimini
Maybe a poling platform
Wang anchor, something similar
Do some work on the trailer
And I'm sure much more after I get done with that, and see some more boats on here and get more suggestions

Latest posts