Ice Fishing Blues

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
I wonder how the ice fishing is up around the north pole? Just bought a new MarCum vs625sd and can't wait to put it into action. Anybody else looking forward to hard water like I am?

HANGEYE said:
I wonder how the ice fishing is up around the north pole? Just bought a new MarCum vs625sd and can't wait to put it into action. Anybody else looking forward to hard water like I am?

I kind of was looking forward to it last winter but it never really got thick enough for me to call it safe around here where I fish. (strip mine lakes)

The ice can get here when ever it wants - I'm ready! Auger's sharp, sled's waxed and ready, all the jigs and spoons are in their respective boxes, and the rods/reels are spooled.

If it wants to wait for a little while longer, that's okay too - I haven't gotten the ice ducer for my HDS7 yet, or a new ice suit. Those and a new rod/reel or three are on the purchase list for fall.

:D

Almost felt like freezing around here this morning!

49 degrees when I woke up, and only 58 now. brrrr

During summer season to get my ice fishing fix, I just anchor or tie my boat to tree and jig over side with my ice fishing poles. Also can drop your flasher over side and watch it just as you do in winter.

Wallijig said:
During summer season to get my ice fishing fix, I just anchor or tie my boat to tree and jig over side with my ice fishing poles. Also can drop your flasher over side and watch it just as you do in winter.

I did that last year, had a blast - especially in float tubes.

Another fun antic if you've got a good off-land wind, take your tip ups and put them on foam circle cut outs with drag lines and let them drift out away from shore. When you see a flag, reel'er in! :mrgreen:

wihil said:
Wallijig said:

I did that last year, had a blast - especially in float tubes.

Another fun antic if you've got a good off-land wind, take your tip ups and put them on foam circle cut outs with drag lines and let them drift out away from shore. When you see a flag, reel'er in! :mrgreen:

I like this idea! =D>

wihil said:
Wallijig said:
HA! Thats funny. :lol:

I've had a couple of dreams in the last week about ice fishing....

As of today, 9/15, it's about two months until the big ice fishing show here in the twin cities, and three to mid december, when the ice is usually thick enough that you aren't taking your life into your hands for a few 'gills

I also noticed that when I take the dogs out for their 6 a.m.walks, the stars in the morning sky look like they do in December when you leave the ice in the evening after the afternoon bite!

It's coming soon folks!

Saturday morning as the sun was riseing I looked out at my black truck and ........ the top was white, covered with frost. =D> I was going to go fishing tomorrow but there will be too much wind for my little 14 footer. Now if the lake was covered with ICE [-o< , the wind would not be a factor.

Yep, it will not be long. Hard to imagine right now with highs in the upper 80s where I am at this week, but before long it will be October deer season and ice fishing in about December here in my part of Idaho. Always looking forward to this time of year!

Was in lows 20's last night and to be in 20's -30's every evening next few nights. It will not be long. :D :D

Update:
was out in boat fishing last night water temps dropped about 15* here. It was in high 50's low 60's last weekend. now this weekend seeing 45* to 48* water temps. Air temp was 28* when I was on water and got down to 21* over night. It's not going long before we are on hard water here.

Latest posts