If you have a moment my family and I could use your prayers.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
This is a post out of a nightmare not really something I ever thought I would be asking for. Long story short my 34 year old wife was diagnosed with breast cancer this week. We spent the entire day with the doctors yesterday getting our options and what happens next. The docs are going to be aggressive so the chemo starts first next Friday. All I ask is for your thoughts and prayers for us, our kids are only 8 and 4 and when I get up from this computer we are going to tell them as much as we can without scaring the to death. Not looking forward to it. Anyway thanks in advance, going to be a rough winter for us.

And just so you know who those prayers are for.

What%20matters%20to%20me.jpg

First prayer already sent. May His blessings and strength be a shield to surround all of you.
In Christ's name, Amen.

Sure will Codeman. Will add your family to my prayer list and will request prayer for you all in Sunday school tomorrow.

Sorry to hear the news Codeman. Prayers sent for all of you! Let us know if we can help!

Prayers Sent!

As an aside, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer at 29, two weeks after we found out she was pregnant with kid #3. The first doc said it didn't look good, at first glance, based on the initial surgery and size, he said it would be stage 4 and about a year to live.
Fortunately, my kids were younger (3 and 4 years old) than yours and couldn't fully understand what was going on. After the first doc told us to have an abortion, we switched doctors. Long story short, it was FIVE years cancer free this year and my son and wife are both healthy! God is Good!

By the way, don't read a whole lot on the internet about cancer stuff. There are a LOT of sad stories out there and misinformation that doesn't apply with today's treatment options.

My wife's chemo knocked her down for 6-9 days after each treatment. A positive side of that terrible medicine is it's the best weight loss program there is. (You have to look for the positives :) )

(Edit) for the chemo we had, it took a long time. We took a laptop and watched movies together. We treated it like a date without the kids.

If they are starting with Chemo first, then that's a good sign (I think). We had to have surgery first and the cancer had spread to the lymph nodes. So she had numerous surgeries (3 different hospitals), 4 chemo's while pregnant, 4 chemo after delivery, and radiation. Then more surgeries for reconstruction. You can get thru it though - again, God is good!

prayers sent dont give up hope no matter what those doctors tell ya my second daughter was in cast from her hips to the tip of her toes the doctors said she would never walk long story short a frind of my wifes an elder lady had migrains all her life Orel roberts was holding a ministry on healing in portland maine the lady asked my wife to take her to be prayed for .as i was working and had no baby sitter my wife took jody with them mr roberts said there was a young baby girl in ther midest that is never going to walk if she didnt get prayer my wife stood up and mr roberts came down and prayed for jody. that following tuesday i think it was the doctors removed the cast the doctor was shocked jody was normal or should i say heald my wife told the doctor what had happened the doctor said he had heard of it but never seen it happen jody will be 30 in december and is still fine thanks again lord

Done... and I dont have a profile pic yet and since Oct. is breast cancer awareness month im posting a pink ribbon and hope everyone elese will do the same. My sister went through it 2 years ago.

wasilvers said:
Prayers Sent!

As an aside, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer at 29, two weeks after we found out she was pregnant with kid #3. The first doc said it didn't look good, at first glance, based on the initial surgery and size, he said it would be stage 4 and about a year to live.
Fortunately, my kids were younger (3 and 4 years old) than yours and couldn't fully understand what was going on. After the first doc told us to have an abortion, we switched doctors. Long story short, it was FIVE years cancer free this year and my son and wife are both healthy! God is Good!

Thanks man it really helps to hear survival stories, and your family's, wow what can I say pregnant and cancer. That was one thing the chemo doc was very clear on DO NOT GET PREGNANT. Looking for somebody to snip me right now. That is fine we were done having babies anyway, just adds more to it.

hardwatergrampa said:
prayers sent dont give up hope no matter what those doctors tell ya my second daughter was in cast from her hips to the tip of her toes the doctors said she would never walk long story short a frind of my wifes an elder lady had migrains all her life Orel roberts was holding a ministry on healing in portland maine the lady asked my wife to take her to be prayed for .as i was working and had no baby sitter my wife took jody with them mr roberts said there was a young baby girl in ther midest that is never going to walk if she didnt get prayer my wife stood up and mr roberts came down and prayed for jody. that following tuesday i think it was the doctors removed the cast the doctor was shocked jody was normal or should i say heald my wife told the doctor what had happened the doctor said he had heard of it but never seen it happen jody will be 30 in december and is still fine thanks again lord

I fully believe in healing, seen it done. Oddly, guess that's not the right way to put it but, getting ready for church now and there will be a minister there that we have gotten to know quite well personally over the last few years that has had some amazing healings in his young life. I know that is possible to go in for the PET scan this week and they not even be able to find the original tumors.

Prayers sent for your wife and family.

I know that theh initial shock is overwhelming, but you guys can beat this.

I have an aunt that is a 20+ year breast cancer survivor and a sister that is now cancer free and just healing up from reconstructive surgery.

Keep your chins up and trust in God.

Latest posts