Johnson 20RL73 Fuel Mixture Pin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Kopczyk

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post as I'm a new member to the forum; I can already tell there is a ton of knowledge here and I can't wait to digest it.
I'm a first time boat owner and my friend has been badgering me for 5 years to to buy a boat that's been sitting uncovered; I finally did.
It's a 1977 14' Mirrocraft with a 1973 Johnson 20HP 2 stroke.

I've repainted the boat and got the engine running, but before I run it too long I'm going to change the gear oil, plugs, rebuild fuel pump, and more.

Now for the question. The middle control next to the choke and kill switch appears to be the fuel mixture adjustment. There is a plastic piece that holds the lower backside of the arm in place and mine is gone. Do any of you know a replacement option? I've thought about a cotter hair pin, starlock washer, snap ring, or e-clip but I don't know what size would work, if at all.
I'm at work right now and the picture below is the best I can find right now. The clip I'm speaking of is on the backside of where I circled.

Thank you,

Jon

Capture1.JPG

Latest posts