Jon Boat Transport Attachment

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D54brick

Reaction score
I’ve got a Jon Boat that I keep on a rack at a rec club. Have another one I keep at house that is trailered. Looking for ideas on how to attach a hitch coupler or dolly to move boat around club with stern mount flip down wheels? Anyone have suggestions or experience like this? Would be moving <5mph on private roads.

Thanks @airshot . I’ve done that exact build before making a brush and firewood trailer elsewhere. Unfortunately the club has many rules, one of them requiring titling and insuring any trailers, on top of compounded fee’s for additional trailers past the one I already have. Seeking a work-around to get short distance to ramp.

Build a 2 nd level on the trailer So both can be on it at the same time.

I’ve got a Jon Boat that I keep on a rack at a rec club. Have another one I keep at house that is trailered. Looking for ideas on how to attach a hitch coupler or dolly to move boat around club with stern mount flip down wheels? Anyone have suggestions or experience like this? Would be moving <5mph on private roads.

A dolly like this might could be modified to do what you are looking for??

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 11.34.45 AM.png

Don't know what Illinois laws are concerning what a trailer is, but it might be worth checking out. The mere act of fastening a boat to a vehicle to be towed might make that boat a trailer. It will, after all, have a pair of wheels and a coupler of sorts.

However, you said it'll be towed at <5mph, on private roads. Here in Iowa, the law has no jurisdiction on private property, unless the owner or an agent of the owner gives express consent. That may be your "out" in this case.

Roger

Build a 2 nd level on the trailer So both can be on it at the same time.
You could make it like a rotisserie with the top boat upside down, and just spin the boat you want launched to the bottom and off you go.

Plus you would probably find all those lost split shot and jig heads that fell into the crevices over the years.

Maybe I’d find the marbles I lost that brought me to thinking this up as a bonus!

Latest posts