• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boat Wanted Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathunter

Reaction score
Looking for a reasonable priced 14 foot, basic, bare bones, modified "V" Jon with steering console, motor, trailer.
I am in New York State but would travel some for the right boat.

Be prepared, last year I downsized to a 16' boat, shopped for over three months and ended up driving over 200 miles, but got a nice one!! Be prepared and ready to act quickly when that one comes along !!

Oh yeah. I'm ready.
My wife and I are 80 yrs old. After running an hourup a lake, fishing 2 hours and coming back down the lake we were in a 12 foot jon with a 4HP motor for 5 hours. Had all we could do to stand up and get out of the boat. That weekend we bought a used Mirrocraft Troller 1616 because it looked so much more comfortable. After, better sense, overcame the "comfort" aspect, we decided to sell the troller anmd buy a jon with a steering console, and get Walmart clamp on padded seats. Hard to find good ones. cannot afford a $12,000 new one. So we look for a good used one and debate if we really want another boat for the three times a summer we use it. A good long cast from shore with a spinning or baitcast pole reaches out far enough from shore. In a boat, we usually fish 50 feet from shore anyway. But we're still looking for a boat.

You have to be comfortable to enjoy your time on the water. Bank fishing is ok, but the fish are never where the clearings are and I hate going thru weeds. I bought a used Sylvan 16' side console and find it very comfortable !! Nice used boats are out there but takes a lot of hard searching, and when you do find one you need to react fast or someone will beat you to it. I searched for over 3 months then drove over two hundred miles to find my like new used 1992....

Be prepared, last year I downsized to a 16' boat, shopped for over three months and ended up driving over 200 miles, but got a nice one!! Be prepared and ready to act quickly when that one comes along !!
I have a 1955 crestliner 14' on galvanized trailer . 2 new tires and marin tail lights here in High springs Fla. call or text me 3522849682. Im Capt Rhan

I have a 1955 crestliner 14' on galvanized trailer . 2 new tires and marin tail lights here in High springs Fla. call or text me 3522849682. Im Capt Rhan
Steering console? Motor?Jon?

All your criteria can be easily met around here for next to nothing. $700-1500, BUT not the console. Boats like this seldom come with a steering wheel. Been looking for one for almost a year now. They are rarer than hens teeth. If you find one better jump on it.

I have one I'm building right now. 16' Crestliner Mariner-V with side console and steering wheel, 25 HP Mercury, flat floor, trolling motor, Lowrance fishfinder, etc. I finished the electrical system today. Would test drive it tomorrow, but it's supposed to be storming through the weekend, so will have to wait until next week.

It's a nice boat, but you are about 5 hours away. Google "Lake Anna State Park" to get my location. Crazy as it sounds, I get customers from NY, NJ and even MA every once in awhile.

One word to the wise, if you do install a clamp on seat that just slides over the bench seat, make sure to secure it with some type of bracket so it can't shift to the side and eject the occupant overboard. It happened to me on a buddy's boat, before we secured the clamp on seat.
A 1648 MV with a console should fit your needs, check PA and NJ craigslist ads, the Susquehanna and Delaware river areas have lots of Jon boats and they usually aren't cheap. Be prepared though, really look at the hulls carefully, we looked at some that looked like they were towed across a boulder field @ 80MPH without a trailer!
A side console is tough to find around here on a 14' Jon, and not that common on most 16", the 16' Bass Tracker might also be worth a look, if you can find one.

Oh yeah. I'm ready.
My wife and I are 80 yrs old. After running an hourup a lake, fishing 2 hours and coming back down the lake we were in a 12 foot jon with a 4HP motor for 5 hours. Had all we could do to stand up and get out of the boat. That weekend we bought a used Mirrocraft Troller 1616 because it looked so much more comfortable. After, better sense, overcame the "comfort" aspect, we decided to sell the troller anmd buy a jon with a steering console, and get Walmart clamp on padded seats. Hard to find good ones. cannot afford a $12,000 new one. So we look for a good used one and debate if we really want another boat for the three times a summer we use it. A good long cast from shore with a spinning or baitcast pole reaches out far enough from shore. In a boat, we usually fish 50 feet from shore anyway. But we're still looking for a boat.

Hi I have a Jon boat for sale you might like: 89 Alumna-Craft 16ft with a 97 Mercury Force Mariner 40 hp has tilt and trim. New steering wheel and steering cable. Just was completely redone in 2021. New marine carpet, painted Battleship gray, comes with a 50lb Minna Kota Edge foot control trolling motor. Has two high back pedestal seats and two matching red & gray riding seats, plus matching butt seat. Comes with on front and rear decks two mounted on wood raised box that was painted with matching paint and marine carpet 4 way gang switches. Up front one switch works led lights around boat, another one works led spot lights, power to front Humingbird Pirhana 4 with transducer on trolling motor. There is a marine lithium 12 volt battery that supply all power to lights & electronics. There is a second raised box with same 4 way gang switches, both have a USB port for charging your cellphone, and a big port for a hand spot light. Switches work led light to the one side of boat on inside.A Aerator pump for live well between both riding seats. There is a new set of gang switches with fuses in dash. Works both running lights. A bilge pump that switch needs to stay on because of automatic switch on floor in back of boat. And other stuff. It has a Pyle marine stereo with four Rockville 300 watt round speakers. The trailer has new coverers for bunks. It has three new wheels and tires with spare mounted on front tongue of trailer. It runs good and is licensed in Kentucky. I live in Bowling Green. Price $4500 Please contact me on [email protected] if interested ok...

Hi I have a Jon boat for sale you might like: 89 Alumna-Craft 16ft with a 97 Mercury Force Mariner 40 hp has tilt and trim. New steering wheel and steering cable. Just was completely redone in 2021. New marine carpet, painted Battleship gray, comes with a 50lb Minna Kota Edge foot control trolling motor. Has two high back pedestal seats and two matching red & gray riding seats, plus matching butt seat. Comes with on front and rear decks two mounted on wood raised box that was painted with matching paint and marine carpet 4 way gang switches. Up front one switch works led lights around boat, another one works led spot lights, power to front Humingbird Pirhana 4 with transducer on trolling motor. There is a marine lithium 12 volt battery that supply all power to lights & electronics. There is a second raised box with same 4 way gang switches, both have a USB port for charging your cellphone, and a big port for a hand spot light. Switches work led light to the one side of boat on inside.A Aerator pump for live well between both riding seats. There is a new set of gang switches with fuses in dash. Works both running lights. A bilge pump that switch needs to stay on because of automatic switch on floor in back of boat. And other stuff. It has a Pyle marine stereo with four Rockville 300 watt round speakers. The trailer has new coverers for bunks. It has three new wheels and tires with spare mounted on front tongue of trailer. It runs good and is licensed in Kentucky. I live in Bowling Green. Price $4500 Please contact me on [email protected] if interested ok...
Did I miss this post 6 months ago? I just saw it now. Maybe I forgot I already answered you. In any event, that is way too much boat for us. But, thank you anyway.

Latest posts