Just threw some stuff together

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
So I'm sitting at home and I'm getting hungry so I look in the fridge and see some leftover chicken breast pieces that were baked in BBQ sauce. Not enough for a meal though. I figure a sammich. Not wanting just a BBQ chicken sammich though I decided to concoct something. I washed the sauce off the chicken as I figured it prolly had plenty of BBQ flavor in it. Did a rough chop on it (should have done it finer though) and ended up with about 3/4 cup of meat. Then I added that to about a 1/3 cup Miracle Whip and the last of the soft cream cheese I had left (maybe 1/4 cup). A little salt amd pepper but seemed it needed something to brighten it up. Saw some vanilla yogurt and added a couple big spoonfuls of that (1/4 cup maybe) and it sure tasted good. Didn't seem like a sammich would be the best way to eat it so I figured bruschetta would be the ticket and sliced some sourdough bread into 3/8" thick slices and cut them into pieces about 1/2 the size of a playing card and coated one side with olive oil and toasted them in the oven. I left off the garlic on the bruschetta as I liked the chicken the way it was. Let them cool a bit and spooned the chicken concoction on the bruschetta. Yum-O

I was with you until you added the vanilla yogurt. #-o

After that you could have tossed the whole thing in a blender and made a chicken smoothie out of it. [-X

The yogurt didn't sweaten it as much as I thought it would have. Just brightened the flavor and removed some of the heaviness of the cream cheese.

Latest posts