Knots and ribs question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbw2019

Reaction score
Hi all -

Two questions:

1) What knot do you prefer to use when tying a rope to a small fender?

2) What boat cover ribs do you recommend? This is for a 14ft aluminum. The few I found on Amazon don’t have great reviews.

Best,

Noah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a couple of half hitches (guess that's a full hitch).

I made support ribs from PVC pipe. Notched Tees to fit over rubrail. Used heat gun to get them to have a bow.

When I started using Rapala's I used bowlines to form a loop to attach to the eye, seemed to really free up the lure action compared to other fishing knots that clinched down on the eye, I also use the bowline quite a bit for various projects requiring a rope.

overboard said:
When I started using Rapala's I used bowlines to form a loop to attach to the eye, seemed to really free up the lure action compared to other fishing knots that clinched down on the eye ...
Too funny, as I too use bowlines instead of the famed 'Orvis Loop Knot' or others to tie flies on my saltwater flygear when I want a little more movement. Tried learning how to tie the others, but can tie bowlines in the dark or with my eyes closed, from the left or the right ... so it just works for me!

Right over left, then the rabbit came out of the hole, went around the back of the tree, and then back in the hole, simple! :lol:
About 55yrs. ago I used to know how to tie virtually every knot known, but by now I forgot most of them due to lack of using most of them or just playing around with them.

Latest posts