Labor Day 2011 smoke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
We threw my sons birthday party yesterday and I decided to do some grilling and smoking. On the Grill I have Steak tips and Chicken wings. Half of them were turned into buffalo wings, the other half into a lemon, Garlic, Oregano style wing. Also on the grill we had grilled squash and zucchini. No pictures of the boring stuff! :LOL2:

On to the Good stuff............

Started with 3 racks of baby back ribs rubbed with Jeffs Naked Rib Rub recipe and then finished off with a custom sweet baby rays sauce.
55bbb7a3.jpg

ce6652c1.jpg

To Celebrate Bacon Day I had to make the Atomic Buffalo Turds. These came out killer and were all gone within minutes. The kids ate them too.

Jalapenos from the Farmers Market:
e8caefea.jpg

Marianna mixing the Cream cheese/Colby/MonteryJack cheese mixture.
0e9d8bb7.jpg

One pan of the Jalapenos ready to go.
725fe982.jpg

Ready for the smoker.
e879adb9.jpg

Done deal.
4d78a6f4.jpg

Just a shot of the smoker ready to go.
35c93588.jpg

I used the 2-1-1 method for the ribs again.....Awesome.

The Atomic Buffalo Turds went on the smoker for 2 hours with a smoker temp hovering around 225 +-5.

Next time I am going to yank the Turds at 1.5 hours. I think they can be better if the jalapenos had a slight, slight crunch to them instead of a "grilled" consistency pepper. Who knows, they were all gone in 5 minutes.

i smoked a 5 lb. brisket on sunday. mmmmmm. it's a bonus having a son woking at a good old fashioned butcher shop.(not a grocerystore butcher) he brought me home a whole one,but it was just too big so i smoked a third and froze the rest.

Latest posts