Lowe 1442M bow mount TM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
airshot said:
What is even a better feature than spot lock on my MK is the jog feature. Push a button and it moves you 5 ft in any direction...great for chasing a small schools of perch. Sure beats fiddling with an anchor rope and you can jog in any direction irregardless of wind direction...

The Xi3 has that feature as well, but haven't used it yet. I don't chase perch, but might try it for following schools of eyes in November.

Check out this pic please and let me what you think about the shaft length. If you zoom in a tape measure can be seen on the shaft. The best I can tell there will be 1 foot submerged.. The guy at Bass Pro seems to think a 36” shaft is appropriate for this job boat. A 45” is very long and takes up a lot of space when stowed.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 53E1982B-A2B9-4C5B-B3D3-3FD961FC643B.jpeg
    53E1982B-A2B9-4C5B-B3D3-3FD961FC643B.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
I think you will be OK on relatively flat water and given it is a cable steer and you will be in the bow during use.

On my son's G3 have the trolling motor 16" from the center of the water mark to the center of the elec motor. The prop blades will break the surface when we are both at the back of the boat. The boat has a heavier than normal motor, ie a 90/65 jet. So boat attitude does plays a factor. Also rolling waves can cause the prop blades to break the surface.

It is just a minor inconvenience for us. I could lower it another 5-6" but would make retrieval harder. If we ever replace it, which is unlikely, would probably go another 6" on shaft length.

Just use it now and see how it performs for your situation and needs.

Latest posts