Members beware

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I recently made an order for some primers and pyrodex, the company uses Zelle as their payment source. I received an email giving me the number and name, the email was on the same string of emails from the company. I paid the invoice as directed and actually got a confirmation from them. When I did not receive any shipping information, I contacted them again via email. All I got back was another name and number saying that I needed to pay before shipping. My confirmation was 2 conversations above in plain sight. I pointed this out and got another name and number to send my payment to. Now they will be on line with their chat and as soon as I give my name they go off line. Calling them is impossible the number they list directly to the "no number recording" I have sent a snail mail letter but after a week no reply. Be careful when ordering if they do not use credit cards best to avoid them.

Guys are mentioning the same thing on predator masters. With what's going on with powder and primers it's an ideal situation for scammers, best to stay with known companies if ordering either one.

Only accepting payment via Paypal, Zelle, Venmo, crypto, etc. is a pretty big red flag. They don't want you to use a credit card since you can do a charge back.

I have ran into it before trying to find ammo that is scarce. If nobody else has it and a website claims to for a very, very, good price, run.

There are LOTS of scam websites on powder, primers, ammo, etc right now. If they have it in stock and they aren't a well-known online supplier, be highly suspicious. Also, literally no one has good supplies now, so if more than half of their website isn't out of stock right now...I'd bet one of my fingers it's a scam. Quick google search or forum post to see if others have ordered from that retailer will sort out the scammers pretty quickly.

Macintosh said:
There are LOTS of scam websites on powder, primers, ammo, etc right now. If they have it in stock and they aren't a well-known online supplier, be highly suspicious. Also, literally no one has good supplies now, so if more than half of their website isn't out of stock right now...I'd bet one of my fingers it's a scam. Quick google search or forum post to see if others have ordered from that retailer will sort out the scammers pretty quickly.

Yup, I almost fell for it. No one had anything in stock, but this one guy had everything I needed/wanted. Now he is no longer online.

As an update, I sent a letter via snail mail to the contact service manager, Saturday it was return to sender by the post office NO SUCH STREET UNABLE TO FORWARD. Obviously a foreign scam. Wish I could find them to teach them a lesson.

Latest posts