Memorial Day weekend!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Have s great weekend everyone! Just remember why we observe this holiday.

Anyone got any cool plans? I myself will be doing very little yard work, spending time with the kids that are home for the summer, and possibly smoking some meat on the smoker. I’m hoping to get some fishing in as well, but my back is not 100% yet which I pulled……. Vacuuming.

Be safe all!
Jim

Funny how that works. I have only ever hurt my back actually doing something strenuous one time. Usually I don't even know what I did, one time it was just a sack of cat food.

I have a personal policy of leaving the lake to pleasure boaters on summer holidays. It's just not worth the hassle to me.

For those getting out, have fun, enjoy it.

Agree about the congestion over the holiday...however...

It was a Memorial Day weekend when I went out to the State Park lake with a 10ft Dagger canoe to work on my shoulder strength after some surgery.

It was then, after about an hour of hugging the shore and paddling with a kayak paddle that I rested and looked over the lake, and concocted an incredible totally new sport. !!!

Shotgun-only jet ski season!!!

You'd have to be in a boat, Shotgun would need to be plugged to 3 shells only. You'd need a license, of course. And some other stuff.

OK, maybe not realistic, but those wave-running ...er...folks who are chasing their tails to jump over them and shooting down the length of the lake and skidding around to do the same thing over and over, with the same result...(the definition of insanity comes to mind), tend to allow me to
fantasize. No really, I'm harmless, officer. Truly.

Have a good holiday, Folks

MrGiggles said:
I have a personal policy of leaving the lake to pleasure boaters on summer holidays. It's just not worth the hassle to me.

My policy is to avoid the local lake ANY weekend from ice-out to ice-in. Tonka is one of the most popular recreation lakes in the state, and the 'traffic jams' in the canals between sections of it is proof.

Plus the crazies are out - especially the wakeboats who don't pay attention to posted 'No Wake' zones and speed around above the lake limit...40mph is the legal speed limit on the lake.

That's why we put together a 1648 to fish on HP restricted and/or total electric lakes. Got out this morning for about an hour and a half and brought home 17 nice bluegill.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Kismet said:
Agree about the congestion over the holiday...however...

It was a Memorial Day weekend when I went out to the State Park lake with a 10ft Dagger canoe to work on my shoulder strength after some surgery.

It was then, after about an hour of hugging the shore and paddling with a kayak paddle that I rested and looked over the lake, and concocted an incredible totally new sport. !!!

Shotgun-only jet ski season!!!

You'd have to be in a boat, Shotgun would need to be plugged to 3 shells only. You'd need a license, of course. And some other stuff.

OK, maybe not realistic, but those wave-running ...er...folks who are chasing their tails to jump over them and shooting down the length of the lake and skidding around to do the same thing over and over, with the same result...(the definition of insanity comes to mind), tend to allow me to
fantasize. No really, I'm harmless, officer. Truly.

Have a good holiday, Folks

I think you mean:

Shotgun-only [strike]jet ski[/strike] Lake Lice season!!! :D

We have a lake home here in NW Wisconsin and on holiday weekends we normally don't let the boat down off the lift. We usually get a big influx of pleasure boaters from the Twin Cities area. This year we didn't get hardly any. Weather was cooler, rained one day and I think the price of gas kept many of them home. We'll see what happens 4th of July weekend, but it's been pretty quiet on our lake this year.

C&K said:
We have a lake home here in NW Wisconsin and on holiday weekends we normally don't let the boat down off the lift. We usually get a big influx of pleasure boaters from the Twin Cities area. This year we didn't get hardly any. Weather was cooler, rained one day and I think the price of gas kept many of them home. We'll see what happens 4th of July weekend, but it's been pretty quiet on our lake this year.

have noticed that same thing here. usually a constant stream of boats, campers, motorcycles, sport cars, trucks hauling sxs, etc passing my house thurs thru tuesdays. this year, only a few motorcycles and an ocassional boat. it is not weather related, it is $$$$$$ related.

Latest posts