• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mercury 9.8 hp parts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmk0002

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in purchasing some parts off of a short shaft 1982 Mercury 9.8 hp? I have one I got as a project a few years back. Done a decent bit of work on it but keep finding things I need to fix if I want to sell it comfortably as a complete and running motor. The coils are on the verge of going out but the rest of the ignition system is good, including a new powerpack. Lower unit is in good shape and has new gear oil and the seals are good too. Carburetor is good. Pull start assembly is good. And the powerhead has 120 psi on both cylinders, although some of the bosses on the block which the starter mounts to have been broken and had some redneck engineering done to refit it. The clamps and mid are in decent shape - the shocks are shot though and the locking mechanism on the clamps is broken. Tiller handle is mostly ok but the cables seemed to be stretched out (one of the recent expenses I can't justify).

If you have any questions let me know. I would need to sell the lower and the powerpack first before I started parting ways with smaller, less valuable parts.

Still available? I know this post is a few years old. I also sent pm.

Since people use their boats in so many different ways and have different needs, boat accessories are almost a necessity. We provide a wide range of boat accessories to meet your various needs. Whether you are new to boating or a seasoned veteran, safety is always paramount on any body of water. There are many great boat accessories designed to enhance the safety of your boat including handles, bumpers, lights, mirrors and more. Convenience is another reason we offer so many boat accessories in Kemimoto's boat section. After all, for the best experience, you need to make sure you have everything you need on hand. Products like drink holders, phone and camera mounts, tool holders, storage boxes and more can make things even more convenient. Also, comfort is a big reason to add accessories to your boat. Items that can improve comfort include kickstands, sun shades, boat cover support bars, and more. There are also plenty of accessories to enhance your water play experience. Things like marine speakers, sound bar, camera mounts, and colorful flags make your boat entertainment-ready.

Latest posts