Mod V vs Flat hull for super shallow. Alweld;Lowe;Tracker ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to run shallow you need to put as much square feet of hull on the water as possible and keep the weight down.
This means go longer and wider but do not load excess weight in the hull. Several of the tins had tunnels built into them and this is the way to fly if you want to get on plane and maintain plane across the skinny stuff. These combinations do not take much horsepower to do the job and will be on plane in nothing flat if you keep engine weight down. Remember that every boat is a compromise and doing what you want to do means sacrificing in other areas. There are several Bayou area aluminum boat manufacturers I would check out. They have been there and done that already.

Not sure why no more yak, I've mentioned this option in the past and will leave it here just in case. Mokai Or Mokia is a wide yak style jet boat, comes with a small 4 stroke and runs about 15 MPH I think. Give me some time and I'll get you a link.

Short of that a wide'ish tin with the outboard trimed in will pop up on plane super quick, but then if the waters are that shallow, why not just walk?/Half joking.

Found it Rich, cheap and just needs to be a little bigger and wider! :lol:

https://d2zqzdyn2mziub.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/07085123/1.jpg

If I hadn't JUST bought (last Thursday) my semi-V Lowe 1756, I know that I would be all over that one. Not sure if I can afford the trolling motor super power unit, also, though.

richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20170629_190355reduced.jpg
    IMG_20170629_190355reduced.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,064

Latest posts