Motor upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Im thininking of selling my 2003 ymaha 25hp 4stroke for a used 50hp yamaha 4 stroke. Would I have to change anyhting else if I stick with the same company? Im trying to make this as least painful as possible. :D

If the years are within a certain range, theoretically, it should be mostly plug and play. Why are you stopping at 50?

bassboy1 said:
If the years are within a certain range, theoretically, it should be mostly plug and play. Why are you stopping at 50?

Maximum rate for my trash can is 60. If I can find a deal on a good 60 I would go for it.

2003 Eagle pro team 165

normal_g3_1.jpg

check the part # on the throttle cable for both models, if they ar ethe same you are good to go.

LOVE THEM YAMMIES

Since you are staying with the same make engine you should be able to swap with ease - I woudl consult with Yammi and your boats manufacturer.

You want to make sure that all of the hook ups are compatible especially your steering and any trim/tilt controls.

Jim said:

2003 Eagle pro team 165

normal_g3_1.jpg
Oh, I thought it was 17+ feet. Seeing as the 25, and 50 aren't far from each other, the steering should be the same, as would the throttle and trim controls.

I met a guy from a "local forum" who is a G3 dealer. I am going to talk to him about getting me a deal on a motor. I looked on there site and a 2006 yamaha 50 4 stroke is just over 5K :shock:

If I can unload my 25hp 4 stroke for around 2K then I could possibly do it.

I fix and sell Yamaha outboards. If they are within a few years, You will be able to plug and play with no problem. If you have any questions send me a PM and let me know!

BoatMechanic said:
I fix and sell Yamaha outboards. If they are within a few years, You will be able to plug and play with no problem. If you have any questions send me a PM and let me know!

This is awesome. My boat takes up to a 60hp. I was thinking of selling my 25hp 4 stroke and buying either a 50 or 60 4 stroke. I would prefer to max out the boat. Here is my question, the tilt and trim and steering wheel and all that stuff stays?

What do you think I could Sell my 25 (25TLRB) for? 2003 MINT! You take the cover off and you would think it was brand new...Seriously.

Latest posts