MUDMAN'S LEASURE - 1996 LOWES BASS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercness1112

Reaction score
Hello All,
New to posting, but been reading over all the builds posted here for a while.

My Step-Father passed away a few months ago, and left me a 1996 Lowes Bass Boat with a 1996 Johnson 50HP J50TLEDS motor.
The boat had been sitting, unused, due to my step-father's declining health for the past 2 years or so. Once everything was finalized, I got it home to start getting it fixed up ASAP. Below are some pictures from the day I hauled it home.

As far as I know, the boat was never given a proper name. This is why I have decided to name it MudMan's Leasure as an homage to my Step-Father as his nickname was MudMan in relation to his numerous decades in the Oilfield Industry.

Plans for the rig include:
- Restore the Johnson and get it back to seaworthy condition. (Started)
- Relocate the batteries to the bow.
- Rewire and upgrade the electrical systems
- Paint the hull with an orange metallic paint as my Step-Father was a HUGE OSU fan. We all have our faults :LOL2:
- Modify the front casting deck to have adequate storage for fishing and typical boating items. I love to bass fish, so this item will be a labor of love.
- Add interior as well as exterior LED lighting for low-light fishing.
- Update Livewell system, thinking the FLO-RITE system but open to suggestions.

I will continue to update this post, not only so those of you that wish to follow along can, but also for me to look back and reflect on the build in the future.

aMeUoxY.jpg

WywDm71.jpg

I welcome any suggestions and comments!
I am very much looking forward to this overhaul.

Thanks,
Mercness1112

Latest posts