My Basket Case ( 12' V Hull Restoration/ Conversion)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pedestals I bought were in my opinion too high once the seats were on then ( seats add 3") and my lady is kind of short and her legs would have never touched the deck; so I am dropping the base down below the deck. This will also provide more stability I think. shortened it 4" in the front and a couple in the back. will have to cut hole in the deck, but I got that covered. Had to remove some stringers to fasten the angles so I took this opportunity to paint the bottom with bed liner while some of them were out of the way.
320354_364649960302698_2045193916_n.jpg

943113_364657000301994_467388977_n.jpg

969237_364657550301939_99243152_n.jpg

Primed the inside with RustOleum white oil-based primer, then coated with 2 coats RustOleum Smoke grey paint (will add another coat once the decking is complete); Also pictured is the front seat and pvc tubing that will be used to run electrical wiring. (will at some point put on a Tohatsu 9.8 electric start motor to replace my Sea King 15hp).

10397_368219013279126_185789834_n.jpg
]

970139_368219006612460_1225648992_n.jpg

Ya, thanks, that was my thought when I ordered them; when I get out on the water, I tend to stay there for a while! :D

Gettin any fishin done in that ring buddy? I hope you got a couple tight lines with her!

No actually been working on girlfriends house on what little time I have off. She has some projects that need to get done: but I am going to work on the boat today: Maybe finish the final fitting of the deck. The previous deck had some 3/4 inch gaps, so I re-cut a new piece of plywood. Then of coarse I have to seal and carpet it. I'm a little uncertain of how far to put the rear seat from the transom, because the Tahatsu motor I will end up with has a longer handle ( guess I should go to a dealer and measure it.).

In answer to your question, no no rishing and as a matter of fact I checked the other day an my liecence was expired, have to get another. I like to fish the intracoastal waterway more than fresh water, but your right I need to get out and fish somewhere.

The most important thing in life, is not to work so much you don't enjoy it! Haha...go wet a line and remember what is most important.

I'm impressed! Stick with it, that light at the end of the tunnel is definitely within your reach, simbelle. I'm just starting on a very similar project. Thanks for the inspiration!

Well I gave up on trying to find a cooler that's just the right size to use as a livewell and ordered one from https://www.customlivewells.com/Pages/default.aspx. Will take a couple weeks for it to get here so, I decided to off loaded the boat and paint the trailer. That will probably take me a couple weeks! LOL

45391_382747855159575_270509202_n.jpg

540581_382747858492908_1512287563_n.jpg

Now that I have it apart I'm wouldering if T really need to paint it other than galvanizing the add ons and painting the hubs black. :-k

I'd save that kind of thing for when the fishing is bad.... so extreme heat or extreme cold ( well, Florida cold). I guess by now, you've probably already made up your mind though. What else is left on your list?

waiting on a live well I ordered, but not sure if I'll even use because of the wieght. Put it back in water for float/balance check to see were I'm at. Wanted to get a 9.8 motor, but may have to go with a 6hp (hopefully no smaller, even though I never go real far). If I use live well, plumbing, wiring, carpet small box on back and maybe another upfront Paint outside ( Thats what I'm excited about)...Got last 2 weeks of Aug off. Hope to finish or get darn close. Oh, Winter time and cold weather hold some of the best fishing and bigger fish down here onthe East Coast's Intraacoastal Waterway.

Went out this weekend- cou [-o< [-o< ldn't catch much of anything for all the sharks trying to get in the boat. Can't wait for cooler weather on the gulf side either! https://www.tinboats.net/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=21&t=28318#

Ya, that's never good. Haven't been fishin since last summer inMarco Islands. Girlfriend's brother has a 26 ft Aquasport and a couple time shares down there. Brought home pounds of red grouper. Didn't go this year. The fish is great, but not really my kind of fishing. Partial to the thrill of a big trout, redfish or Snook on 12 lb test.

Still hitting here and there, just got off 2 weeks vacation and relaxed and even fished a little> will post pictures again when I get something done..probably soon...if anyone is following this. LOL

Painted it white. Got side tracked with work and on-line gaming. Off the game and will be back on the boat will try to get some pictures. Right now it's exactly the way I left it. My family is convinced I will never finish it and just keep finding thinks to do on it. Maybe, I hope not: come November it will be a year since I started on it. How ridiculous is that? Well only thing I can say is...if I work on it when I don't feel like it, then it's WORK.