My Basket Case ( 12' V Hull Restoration/ Conversion)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I hear you, my project has been at a standstill too, but 65 hours a week at a hospital will do that. If and when I get a day off though, I've figured out how to catch some big bass in the greater Gainesville area on 4lb test to boot!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,305
I like that light line also: but my area is more like like 5 to 20 lb snook or redfish on 10 lb test with an occasional lunker trout thrown in and some mangrove snapper on the side!

Did you use spray in bed liner or did you use roll in bed liner in those pics that the floor looks black? Did this help with any rivets leaking? I have some bed liner I'm going to use for mine, and just curious what if any prep work you had to do for it?

Cleaned it with acetone; I had 2 cans of spray I used early on all the bottom rivets before I started the stringers, then used a can of roll on/brush on: then painted over it with grey RustOleum. Not sure how much it helped with leaks. I had it sealed pretty well prior to that with 5200 and 2 coats Gluvit inside and out, sure it helps though. Mostly did it to protect hull from any hooks and lead weights that fall down there from causing a reaction with the aluminium.

1470054_424165591017801_960045004_n.jpg

1457621_424165624351131_189384604_n.jpg

1395399_424165634351130_589624588_n.jpg

379650_424165594351134_1234017567_n.jpg

Thanks, I've been close to the end for a while. LOL: Anyone else would have probably been done months and months ago. If looking at it, thinking and dreaming about it would count then I would have been done long ago also. Going to hold off on painting the top till I flip it over and get what ever I am able to do about bow and stern compartments completed. Not sure what weight and room will allow. Anyway, just waiting to see what holes I may have to put in it. :?

That trailer and boat both are lookin good bud, I really like what you did with the trailer...

Thanks Gator; I have the boat painted, but thought that I need to trim the floor some in a few places to make room for the carpet. So I have to do that and reseal it then apply the carpet, mount and wire the bait well and bilge. I'm thinking I run so little at night that I will just get portable lights if I think I need them.

What kinda paint did you use on the trailer? I might try to paint mine as well, they way you have yours done is a lot cleaner then just raw metal. Looks real purty... =D> =D> =D> =D>

I used RustOleum Marine paint and primer; spayed over the Galvanized first with another primer forgat what it was called something 123 from Lowes, but you could use whatever. axel and hubs are just Flat black rustoleum over rustoleon rust stop primer

Thanks guys, got it paint, but that made every dent and ding of last 40 yeas really stand out. LOL, will post more pick when I get a chance.

Ya, but it's a 12 foot boat I was almost done when I started; So, when do you reck'in it will see the water again! :LOL2:

Latest posts