Need some help!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to help someone out, This is what happens to his motor, anyone have any ideas:

Hey I posted the issue awhile back. My motor when I get on it get it on a plane will like choke itself out unless I lower the throttle back down. It idles fine just when I get on it going top speed it dies out. I changed gas tanks ran with the cap off, changed gas. The only thing I can think of yet is that the carbs may be gunked up I didn't winterize it or run the gas out. I took it to TWO different mechanics and they said they couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Two mechanics couldn't figure it out? They must not feel like messing with it. A dirty carb is the first thing they would look at. Could be high-speed needle is clogged or not adjusted properly, or timing is not advancing as RPMs go up.

Jim,
It sounds like it is a high speed needle problem. Clean the carbs out. Thats what I would do first if I were looking at it!

Latest posts