New a mechanic

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrl5678

Reaction score
Hi, how is every one.
Short question is.
Lake Jackson, lower St Bernard river area. 2001 50 HP 2 stroke. I need some one better than me to look at it and go through it.

The longer answer is. I bought an old game warden boat form auction. Did nothing to it, threw it in the water and went boating for about 6 months. Last August pulled it in to an area I could work on it. changed out the jack plate hydraulic motor. Raised the console 19" raised the bench seat. I moved the battery and most of the electronics to the old live well. I added a nice switch plate for horn lights bilge pump.
It set out still for 5 months and the motor is not acting right now. Might have a lower oil leak. 2 stroke out boards are not really my skill set.

Jon

This thread would be better if moved to the "Motors" section and reposted. When postiing it would be good if you added the year and the model and the brand of engine since not all "2-strokes" are alike! Short answer is that you probably have carburetor cleaning to do but then again we do not even know yet if it is carbureted or injected......