New Budget Boat Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dane

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I’m a new member starting on a new budget boat project. I’ve been collecting the bits and pieces for a while now, and have enough to get started. Here’s what I have to work with. The boat is a early 60’s 14 foot Mirro Craft semi-V with trailer. The outboard motor is a 89 Yamaha 9.9 2 cycle (minus the tiller handle assembly), that I’ve repaired, and serviced, and is ready to hit the water again. The motor came with the Yamaha 701 remote control including mounting bracket, and a Morse rotary steering assembly. Other essentials that I scored on were two Yamaha fuel tanks (one 6 gallon and one 3 gallon), two boat seats on pivots, a trolling motor, battery, battery box, 3 anchors, and a bow mount anchor hand winch . My total investment thus far on this project it $520.

My vision for this project is to install a floor using pink styrofoam insulation covered by plywood. I will also need to fabricate a small steering console and side mount for the engine control. Doing rough measurements, the cables on the remote control and steering assembly seem the perfect length to have the console mounted just forward of the rear seat. Reading on this forum what many of you have done on your boats has given me some great insights and ideas of how to proceed. But if I run into a problem, I’ll certainly run it past you all for advice. Once I get started, I’ll post photos of the progress. Who knows, if it turns out well I may even give the old boat a new paint job.

Latest posts