New guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, was talking about the motorcycle (you mentioned how parts are so slow to ship). Love that story, and a RD350 in socal has GOT to be a blast! Heres my RD400 running a little bit ago (second owner), completely rebuilt. Still love the smell of it starting up haha

RD400.jpg

Yesterday Got nothing done on the boat. Ended up taking my sister who just moved here from California out sightseeing and lunch.
Quality time. Out of five there’s just my sister and me left and she’s 8 hrs away so we miss each other. She’s coming to go fishing though if she can swing it. Her husband isn’t doing well and can’t be left alone and doesn’t want to get out for an 8 hr. car ride.

Busy day. Taping everything off took forever. Painting was fun knowing the tape job was good. Still have the top portain to do but very happy with the way the side rails and front will turn out after removing the tape.
Man the boat is looking good.

Big engines won't help you catch fish any faster, they just get you to where you want to go quicker. & cost you more when they break down.
It sure was fun back then though. But all my stuff was covered too.
We had guys come in with lower units completely missed , electronics knocked off from spearing a wave. The prop shop lived us we kept them busy. Guys would forget to raise their trolling motor and come in with it bent under the boat. We had one guy that ram out of insurance companies that would cover him.
Worst that happened to me was I was working the hot foot (throttle) in rough water. And when I punched it the motor just died. I put it in neutral and it started right up but when I put it in gear died.
I raised it out of the water and there was a big oh gear sticking out the side of the lower unit.
They found a couple of parts that were weak and Mercury warranted it.

Sonny,

Boat is looking excellent. Just wanted to say thank you for documenting this whole process. I am a complete boat novice but am about to start on a 58 Lonestar King Commander and trailer I was gifted. This thread is a wealth of knowledge for a newbie like me. Appreciate you and all the others here. I'm looking forward to posting my own progress pretty soon.

Sonny,

Boat is looking excellent. Just wanted to say thank you for documenting this whole process. I am a complete boat novice but am about to start on a 58 Lonestar King Commander and trailer I was gifted. This thread is a wealth of knowledge for a newbie like me. Appreciate you and all the others here. I'm looking forward to posting my own progress pretty soon.
You picked the right forum. There are a lot of great people on here that are very knowledgeable. No matter what the question there’s someone on here that can help.
I was helped from corrosion problems all the way to proper marine wiring with my 1983 Monark. Even picking my boat cover after installing the new floor.
Find out what these guys do and you’ll have a great guide line to help you make decisions.
I know more now about aluminum now than I thought existed.
Have fun with your build. I’ll be looking for your post.

Latest posts