New guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2015 Rocket X special edition. 500 made world wide. { no 74} 2.3liter engine or 2300 cc sorry your a Harley guy 140 cubic inches. TFC is the new rockets and they suck. 3 cylinders, shaft drive, and yes water cooled. Cam upgrade, Expensive exhaust, ramair intake, and upgraded transmission. upgraded suspension along with real day maker headlights. No decals on bike. Custom paint job of brushed and then polished base metal. All done by hand. turn signals are after market led type. Even with weight factor very fast even from a standing start. Engine has a very nice growling sound when you hit it. Kind of like riding a gold wing on steroids. Has ABS brakes and that is it. No gismos. Fatboy (2010} is getting a S&S 110 but keeping it old school. Lots of chrome and nice paint job.

2015 Rocket X special edition. 500 made world wide. { no 74} 2.3liter engine or 2300 cc sorry your a Harley guy 140 cubic inches. TFC is the new rockets and they suck. 3 cylinders, shaft drive, and yes water cooled. Cam upgrade, Expensive exhaust, ramair intake, and upgraded transmission. upgraded suspension along with real day maker headlights. No decals on bike. Custom paint job of brushed and then polished base metal. All done by hand. turn signals are after market led type. Even with weight factor very fast even from a standing start. Engine has a very nice growling sound when you hit it. Kind of like riding a gold wing on steroids. Has ABS brakes and that is it. No gismos. Fatboy (2010} is getting a S&S 110 but keeping it old school. Lots of chrome and nice paint job.
Wow, that sounds like a real jewel. I always liked rare (unique) and it sounds like your's is a winner. Love to see the Fatboy when it's done !!

Really screwed up yesterday. Have the boat on sawhorses and it slides fairly easy from side to side. Went to pull the boat towards me and it was hung up so I gave it a good tug. Boat did not move but my arm did. Tore something up and now it is all messed up. Holding a cup of coffee hurts much less trying to wire brush paint. Not much left to wire brush on the bottom and was looking forward to flipping and start work on the inside. Just can not catch a break.

Really screwed up yesterday. Have the boat on sawhorses and it slides fairly easy from side to side. Went to pull the boat towards me and it was hung up so I gave it a good tug. Boat did not move but my arm did. Tore something up and now it is all messed up. Holding a cup of coffee hurts much less trying to wire brush paint. Not much left to wire brush on the bottom and was looking forward to flipping and start work on the inside. Just can not catch a break.
Sonny1,
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I have a similar problem which is why I had to retire early. I can stand for periods of time but the longer the more excruciating pain I endure. (1-1/2hr or 2hrs, once or twice a day) It's amazing the jigs and props I invent to help be independent. But I've had to ask for help to get the boat or trailer onto saw horses (i'm also rebuilding the axle & springs). Gravity helps get them off and I can slide them around pretty well , at least through the painting process. I won't be able to do that anymore if I want to eliminate the scratches though.
I will say I take a day or 2 to rest & save what strength I have or suffer 10 fold. God is good and has provided plenty of time for me to indulge in projects. Even He rested on the 7th day :giggle: lol :giggle: I think He went fishing on the '8th day' ;)
BTW, that's the name I believe I've settled on for the boat .... '8th day'. What do y'all think ?
Good luck Sonny & hang in there,
Rooting for you,
Sincerely .......................

On a kayaker forum, my signature has: "I'm an 8th Day Adventist: On the 8th Day, God went fishing".
Good boat name. My 1958 Blue Star Super Chief is named: "TIN STAR" TexasJim

On a kayaker forum, my signature has: "I'm an 8th Day Adventist: On the 8th Day, God went fishing".
Good boat name. My 1958 Blue Star Super Chief is named: "TIN STAR" TexasJim
"TIN STAR" ... for a boat in TX. that's a great name !! I'm spiritual, brought up religiously, but, now, more into reading the Word and pursuing a closer personal relationship w/ Him and not much on labels.
I always like the fact that, after resurrection, Jesus seen on the beach cooking fish !! He told the boys to cast their nets on the other side of the boat and they caught record quantities. You know they had a fish fry !! :giggle:🎣:giggle:

Arm is ready to go. Took a long break to allow the torn muscles to heal up. Looking at some really warm weather coming up. 100 plus with humidity off the charts. Boat is in the shade plus I have about a four foot fan. Have some gluvit and filler coming in so I can dress the boat up a bit.

Arm is ready to go. Took a long break to allow the torn muscles to heal up. Looking at some really warm weather coming up. 100 plus with humidity off the charts. Boat is in the shade plus I have about a four foot fan. Have some gluvit and filler coming in so I can dress the boat up a bit.
Glad to hear it's healing. Looking forward to the new photo's !!

Got the fiat cleaned up today. Solid $7,000 for sale sign in back window. 2013 abarth with 106,000 miles. Runs and looks sharp. Last dyno was at 215 horse at 175 torque. Did a bit of work to her while Owned it. Going to use that money for the boat. Trick it out a bit.

Arm is not ready for wire brushing just yet. Need to get over this and get busy. I really want to get the boat painted in August. Dry and hot is the norm for Oklahoma during August and the first part of Sept. Perfect weather for apply paint.
I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers !

Back at it. Got out and started wire brushing around 5:30 this morning. Around 11:00 called it a day because of the heat. Arm felt good and Hips gave me no problems at all. Actually got a lot done. Should be ready to flip the boat right side up after I get done tomorrow. Thinking about going over the seams one more time just to be sure I got all the crap out of the way. Long ways to go but we made great progress today.

Back at it. Got out and started wire brushing around 5:30 this morning. Around 11:00 called it a day because of the heat. Arm felt good and Hips gave me no problems at all. Actually got a lot done. Should be ready to flip the boat right side up after I get done tomorrow. Thinking about going over the seams one more time just to be sure I got all the crap out of the way. Long ways to go but we made great progress today.
One day at a time. Sure am happy to hear you're feeling well. I'm w/you on the heat. My project has slowed to a snails pace, but the motor's ... DONE. Painting ... DONE. Trailer grinded, old rusted out mounts removed, tongue hitch 1-7/8 ball saddle removed. All that's left is to weld the leaf spring mounts on, along w/the new 2" tongue saddle. Replace bearings, hubs & new wheels & paint the dang thing gloss black !! ............ oh, and new lights and harness.
Yep, Sonny1, it's slow and a long way to geaux.

Having to do the same you are doing.............wire brushing and preparing my "new" 1950 Alumacraft for painting. I am going to spray it a green zinc chromate. Good luck with your project...........one day at a time my friend!

Attachments

• IMG_1548 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_1548 - Edited.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 0
Got the bottom wire brushed down to bare metal. Before we turned her right side up decided to go after the dent back aft and it did not work out well. Aluminum was buckled really bad so I decided to heat it up with some mapp gas. It melted away the second the torch hit it. Now I know why it was buckled. Turned the boat right side up and sure enough I now know where the battery was.IMG_1710.JPG Layer of black like tar stuff laid down in section aft of last seat to transit. Plan on removing all of that. The rest of the area seems to be OK. Have a lot of wire brushing all the goop on the seams and rivets.IMG_1715.JPG After I get it all cleaned up then the fun begins.

Latest posts