New Member in Tampa Bay

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flywrecker

Reaction score
Hi, I just introduced myself in the "new members" section...but I figured most of my time would be in this section so I would say Hi again.

I'm live in Tampa Bay, am a full-time high school teacher, and part-time guide. I own a custom SeaArk 1860MVT. I fish 99.9% shallow saltwater for Redfish, snook, trout, etc in Tampa Bay and Chassahowitzka. I prefer fly fishing, but probably spend more time with a spinning rod in my hand.

I hope to contribute great information to this community. Let me know if you plan to visit this area, I would be happy to give you any information I can.

Tom

Nice website Tom, If you ever need anything give me a shout.......I work at Fisherman's Ideal Supply House....aka FISH. As a business we also feel that it is important to teach the kids in our area how blessed we are to live here.

See ya on da water
Kevin

I'm a little late Tom, but welcome to Tin Boats. I'm in Hudson and fish Anclote to Homosassa
mostly flats, but get off shore once in a while. Give us a shout if you get up this way. :)
Jerry

Hi Tom, i fish that area also but im in hudson and mostly fish just north of that up to hernando,weeki area, yeah and im a skinny water guy. welcome !

Hi Tom, Stuck in middle of state here in Clemont, but fish the shallow salt too for Snook, Reds, Trout, Snappers and an other ting that wants to bite a hook. Mostly spend time on east coast between Sabastion and Ft. Pierce ( most familiar with latter). Would like to try the shallows in your area because it is closer.

Welcome Tom. Good to have another Tampa fisherman whose brain I can pick. :wink:

You mention that you are a HS teacher. What school and what subject ?? Reason I ask is that my daughter just moved to the Tampa area to work for the Art Institute of Tampa as a rep and wondered if you might be in her territory.

flywrecker said:
Hi, I just introduced myself in the "new members" section...but I figured most of my time would be in this section so I would say Hi again.

I'm live in Tampa Bay, am a full-time high school teacher, and part-time guide. I own a custom SeaArk 1860MVT. I fish 99.9% shallow saltwater for Redfish, snook, trout, etc in Tampa Bay and Chassahowitzka. I prefer fly fishing, but probably spend more time with a spinning rod in my hand.

I hope to contribute great information to this community. Let me know if you plan to visit this area, I would be happy to give you any information I can.
Welcome, I used to fish out of Chassahowitzka in the late 70's out on the grass flats and load up on the trout. That was before all the regulations. I mainly Bass fish now but am trying to learn about the flats to expand my horizons. I live 10 minutes from Sims park now where I put in on occasion.
Welcome to the site!

Tom

nice to see so many guys in Florida on here, my dad is moving/retiring down near fort meyers area has been fixing up a house on the east side of estero bay. I'm looking forward to fishing down there with him. Growing up my Grandpa lived near Sara Sota last time I fished down there I drug my boat down for a family Christmas together. Cousins and I managed to cast net a lot of mullet then, caught quiet a few spanish mackeral, one big king mackeral, bunch of little sharks, bunch of the salt water catfish, couple flounder, love fishing down there. Trying to convince my dad he needs to get a decent aluminum bay boat to keep down.

I joined this forum just recently as well. Fishing the flats of Terra Ceia / Tampa Bays in a custom Tracker Grizzly. If the bays around the Skyway Bridge are calm, I fish the rock piles for grouper and whatever. Still learning to fish down here. Coming from New England, fishing is different and takes a learning curve. I mostly launch at Fort DeSoto ramp but sometimes traverse the Manatee river to get out there.

Welcome from Lakeland!

I fish over in Tampa here and there, heading over to the upper bay tomorrow morning for some early morning duck hunting then going to try fishing to see what we can find.

I just bought a flyrod, haven't even tried casting it in the backyard yet. Duck season ends the 27th so I'll probably get back into fishing more then. I do a lot of crappie/speck fishing this time of year.

Latest posts