New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howdy yall! im just another geriatric that likes to eat fresh fish, so i gotta catch em-- or try to, anyway. originally from louisiana, retired to the ozark mountains of north arkansas. proud to be American and enjoy what little is left of Her. current boat is 1979 fisher marine 15 ft i think. just got it so dont know much about it. my other boat was too hard to get in and out, launch, load, etc, so i swapped it for a smaller one in order to keep fishing. lol
looks like a great forum and i hope to help and also to learn how to fish these deep holes with very clear water.

Good day to all I'm Tracker2869 in north east Pa. I'm a retired ASE tech spending the last 46 years as a line tech working in Dodge/Ram dealerships. Mostly auto transmissions and veh. electrical systems. I belong to a local fishing club we hold tournaments every week and hit local lakes we are a group of @ 45 members. I fish with a Bass Tracker 175. 60 hp with Minn Kota 80# bow mount. If I can ever help someone just ask.

Hello all.
I’m from Florida. My son and I have been toying around with the idea of getting a Jon boat for the rivers and lakes. We’ve been looking and researching all the possibilities and thats how I came across your forum.

Hello from Missouri!
Just joined the forum today. I bought my first boat, a 2000 Lowe 170 with a 70hp Johnson, last summer. Up until now I've done mostly the kayak thing and bank thing with the occasional buddy boat tag along.
I'll share more info in the openings story of my build thread. Glad to be a part of the group!
dd6e836398b37de85996203cd4bd1565.jpg

50f39e59c5c10adfa02903190027d29b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I’m chris A disabled vet and have been a mechanic in some way shape or form for a few years. Currently in Nashville tn, well north of. Anyway first time boat buyer here and bought an 89 bass tracker pro17 with a Johnson 40hp. Lookin forward to getting my learn on….been having problems with the motor.

HI Everybody

I live in southeast PA and bass fish in PA and Delaware. Bought my first used boat last year at age 60 and starting to make some upgrades. Looks like most everyone here knows more than I do.

Just a basic boat but I can't believe how much I enjoy having it.

Hope decent weather gets here soon and we can all get out there.

Hi guys.

My name is Lucas.
I live in norther bc Canada
I run a 14ft deep v mirror-craft with a 40hp merc
Downriggers and a bow mount electric.

I fish everything local. Trout, salmon, burbot,sturgeon, prawing and crabbing. I also hunt bear in the spring from the boat. Camping and long exploring trips too.

Looking forward to ice off in a few weeks. Top lining for big lake trout and rainbows is unreal for the first few weeks of open water.

New member from the Southern Interior of BC.

Brought home a SP14 Marlon last thanksgiving,
40fada24-0a35-4ab0-84ab-ffe6423a6096-jpg.4735328

Slowly getting it ready for ice-off this year.
Found a proper trailer, redid the flooring, got a 55lb Minn, looking at battery options, all the fun stuff..

Hello, I am from Central NY and live on a small resevior. I actually own 3 boats. Pontoon for my lake, bassboat for tournaments, and my Bluefin tin can Ive had for 20 plus years. I am going to be restoring my Bluefin and while researching some questions found tinboats.com. Iooked through 50 pages of restoration posts and was hooked. Looked like a real nice group of guys, so i joined.

Flukeman said:
Hello, I am from Central NY and live on a small resevior. I actually own 3 boats. Pontoon for my lake, bassboat for tournaments, and my Bluefin tin can Ive had for 20 plus years. I am going to be restoring my Bluefin and while researching some questions found tinboats.com. Iooked through 50 pages of restoration posts and was hooked. Looked like a real nice group of guys, so i joined.

Nice to meet you and feel free to ask any questions. There are a bunch of guys with knowledge in different areas but it could take a little time to find the right response to a specific question so don't get discouraged. I'm on the Delaware River in NJ and we have a bunch of pontoons in my region but I have mod-v with a jet outboard so your Bluefin questions might not be too far out of my arena. If you have any pictures of your boats, post them up! And if you're not sure how to post a picture, let us know and we'll help out. Here's one of my old sprint boat that was 14' long with a 350 Chevy in it! :D

Attachments

• ssprint8.jpg
    ssprint8.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 193

Latest posts