New to forum new boat owner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pghgrouser

Reaction score
Hi all,
First time here. My wife's aunt and uncle just gifted us a 20 year old aluminum boat as they know i love to fish. Although this was an incredible gesture as you all know it also means a lot of time and money now getting things setup.

First question:
The boat is a 91 starcraft fishmaster 150t but I noticed the CG weight limits are no longer visible, the boat was kept outside on a shore station. Anyone know the weight/person limits for this boat as I could not find online.

Second question:
I want to replace the carpet and any rotten areas of flooring, only area back of floor under the battery, but the seats are riveted to the hull. Is there any way to remove the wood without having to remove rivets in the hull as that sounds probably beyond my abilities.

Third and final:
Boat came with a 25 hp long shaft 2000 Johnson ob. Unfortunately most lakes around PA are 20hp or less restricted. Any advice on finding and buying used outboards. No clue where to start and what to check on those other than online.

I appreciate any help and I am sure I will have more questions as I start to setup this boat to fish.

Thanks

I can help with question #3. Get decals made that say 20hp.

Older Tohatsu outboards are very in demand around here. Most of our lakes are smaller and limited to under 10hp. 9.9hp Tohatsu motors are identical to 15hp motors but with a different carburetor. Lots of owners buy the 15hp carb, upgrade to motor to 15hp but leave the 9.9hp decals on the motor. No problems.

You can try emailing StarCraft. And agree with the stickers or find an old motor cover from a 20. The Johnson/Evinrude 20-25-30 are all the same motor so a cover from either one will fit.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

The 140t can hold 4 people and a capacity of 975lbs so I would stick close to that.
Motor, id just go on ebay and pick up some 20hp stickers, not like they'd actually look at the serial plate on the motor.
I'd like to see some pictures of that battery area so I can see what you're talking about. Just hit the attachments button under save draft when you reply and add a file, wait for it to load then hit place inline.
Oh! And welcome to the tinboat forums!

About those stickers though...

At at least one of our local impoundments (Nockamixon)they have wised up and actually started looking at the transom bracket tags.

Latest posts