New to Forum: Paint Code Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cebra

Reaction score
I hope I am in the correct area, I bought my first boat which is a 1989 Bass Tracker Tournament V17. I have a lot of mechanical knowledge and frame off restored my 1971 C10 but this is my first boat and boat restoration project. Anyways, I have scoured the internet and I am trying to find the paint code for the green/blue color on the sides of this boat. Does anyone have an idea where I could find this? I am working on the inside first and want to paint the 3-4" of green/blue around the top of the inside before I reinstall the decks/carpet.

I doubt you'll find it online. I would give Tracker Marine a call. I redid my 89' Pro17 a few years back and called them for a wiring diagram. They were VERY responsive and sent one within minutes. I recently suggested another member do the same thing a few weeks ago and he had similar success. They appear to be very willing to help on our old boats.

Good luck!

When I search tracker marine online I only come up with tracker dealers or independent places that sell some tracker parts. I tried to go the dealer route and went to the "service" area at tracker inside BassPro. They were about as helpful as folks at most auto parts stores, they wanted a part number for the paint. Is there a manufacturer service/parts contact I am overlooking? I want to inquire about decals and a couple other items I am having a hard time finding as well.

Seriously, take your boat to a autobody repair shop. They should have a "camera" that reads the paint formula. I work at RM Auto Restorations and using a "camera" to get a paint mixing formula is the only way that we have to get the original paint colour. It takes about five minutes and we have the paint mixing formula for a 70 year old car.

Latest posts