New to me boat, can anyone help identify?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmgw

Reaction score
I traded an 8' foot Pelican Bass Raider for this boat and need some help identifying the brand, model etc. My dad seems to think it's an old Lowe because it used to be the same color as his grandpa's old jon boat. That link will take you to the first pic in the flickr album since I can't seem to embed them.

https://flic.kr/p/2n4BBtB

I can't say for sure, but those transom handles, and method of attaching the seats look an awful lot like what was on my old 10-foot Richline semi-V. Mine was a '69 vintage, and did not have any storage compartments. Looks like yours has been modified by a previous owner.
Maybe some place to start. If you can see the rear transom brace, or snap a pic, that might help, too.
And, if this Mopar enthusiast might be so nosy........Are those current pics of the Duster :?:

Roger

GTS225 said:
And, if this Mopar enthusiast might be so nosy........Are those current pics of the Duster :?:

Roger

Some of those pics are the last year, but that isn't a Duster. Its a 1972 Dodge Demon. It was originally a slant 6 car, when my dad got it in 1994 it had been swapped to a 360,727, 8.75. It now has a 451" stroker BB, 727, 8.75 with a spooled 3.91

cmgw said:
Some of those pics are the last year, but that isn't a Duster. Its a 1972 Dodge Demon. It was originally a slant 6 car, when my dad got it in 1994 it had been swapped to a 360,727, 8.75. It now has a 451" stroker BB, 727, 8.75 with a spooled 3.91

DANG! I always get that confused. The Duster tail lights are horizontal, and the Demon's are vertical.
Otherwise, COOL! I'm not a big fan of putting that much weight on the front suspension of an A-body, but can certainly appreciate the engineering and effort of making it work.
Now that I'm retired, maybe I can finally get to work on that '68 Dart GT sitting out back. That'll be a mild 360/727 at some point.

Roger

GTS225 said:
cmgw said:

DANG! I always get that confused. The Duster tail lights are horizontal, and the Demon's are vertical.
Otherwise, COOL! I'm not a big fan of putting that much weight on the front suspension of an A-body, but can certainly appreciate the engineering and effort of making it work.
Now that I'm retired, maybe I can finally get to work on that '68 Dart GT sitting out back. That'll be a mild 360/727 at some point.

Roger

Why? The factory put that much weight in them

I'll concede that, but the "extra" weight tends to hamper cornering capability. The additional horsepower, along with the suspension design and tuning, does make it work nicely for straight-line, high speed passes, though.

Just my opinion.....Roger

Latest posts